Chapter 23 "Cascading"

Dawson and Brett run over to Shaylynn who's turning over, getting on her hands and knees.
"Shaylynn don't move!" Dawson yells at her.
Shaylynn, on her knees, sits back on her legs and takes off her helmet, "I'm fine!" she tells them looking up to see if anyone is coming down.
She sees Butch, Rob, Dan, and Dave coming down with two bags each. Since her motor failed, that leaves two Firefighters still on the roof.
"Help them!" Shaylynn tells Dawson and Brett as she watches who comes out of the bags.
Of course the last two remaining Firefighters on the roof are Casey and Severide.
Butch and Rob hurry back up to get them.
Within seconds they're coming down, a bag each.
They reach the ground, unhook the cables from their suits, as they do the roof collapses into the building pulling their cables up.
Rob looks at Butch, "That was to close for my liking!"
Casey and Severide get out of the bags, Severide hurrying over to where Shaylynn is.
"Why the hell are you moving around for?" he asks her.
"I'm fine! You need to get checked out for smoke inhalation!" she tells him.
"I'll get checked out when you do!" Severide tells her forcefully.
Shaylynn looks at him, "Why are you being so stubborn?"
"Why are you?" Severide asks her.
She looks at him, smiles, and starts laughing.
Severide helps her stand up and they walk over to Ambulance 61.

After being looked over by Dawson, she gives Shaylynn the all clear.
"I'd much rather you go to the hospital and get checked out by a doctor!" Dawson tells Shaylynn.
"I trust you more than any doctor!" Shaylynn tells her picking up the pieces of her suit out of the ambulance, "Thanks, Gabby!"
Shaylynn walks the pieces over to the truck and hands them off to Dave.
Hank and Sam come walking over to the truck, "Are you alright?" Sam asks her.
"I'm fine!" Shaylynn tels Sam.
"You should really get looked at by a doctor!" Hank tells Shaylynn.
"I said I'm fine! Gabby's just as qualified! You know I hate hospitals!" she tells Hank.
"Dad, let's leave her alone" Sam tells Hank, grabbing his arm and pulling him away.
Hank turns around and starts walking away, Shaylynn mouthing "thank you" to Sam.
Shaylynn herself starts walking away, "Shaylynn, are you going to get your shoes?" Dave asks her.
"No, I have to get a shower anyways!" she tells him walking past Boden over to Severide.
Boden walks over to Butch and talks to him.
After the fire is out and all the equipment is put away, 51 is ready to leave.
The fire crews load up and start heading back to the Firehouse.
Shaylynn, Butch, and the others load up. Dave starts following behind the fire crews.
"Dave, what are you doing?" Shaylynn asks him.
"Boden told Butch we're suppose to follow them!" Dave tells her.
"Alright" Shaylynn says.

The Fire crews pull into the stalls.
Dave parks out in front of the Firehouse.
"Everyone grab their bags with your clothes in it!" Butch tells them.
Shaylynn looks at Butch oddly, but doesn't question him.
They get out and walk up the driveway, meeting Boden.
"Come inside!" Boden tells Butch and the others.
They follow him into the Firehouse.
"The showers are back there" Boden tells them, pointing to the locker room.
Rob, Dan, Dave, and Shaylynn look at each other, then look at Butch.
"After you're done, you're welcome to get something to eat with us" Boden says, "I like for my people to get something to eat after a call to keep their strength up!"
"You don't have to do this, Chief!" Shaylynn tells him.
"Nonsense! Get back there!" he tells them.
Butch, Rob, Dan, and Dave start walking toward back toward the locker room, while Shaylynn walks into the Common area.
"Shaylynn, are you sure you're okay? We were told you fell four stories! That was a pretty big fall" Herrmann says to her concerned.
She smiles at him, "I'm fine" she says.
Capp, Cruz, and Tony walk up to her, "Falling that far and to still be able to get up afterwards, you're one dangerous woman!" Capp tells her with a sly smile.
By this time Butch, Rob, Dan, and Dave show up in the Common area. Shaylynn sees them and heads back to the locker room.

She walks in and sits her bag down. Getting into her bag, she pulls out her clothes, a towel along with a washcloth. She then pulls out her shampoo, conditioner, and body wash.
After sticking her bottles in the shower, she turns the water on, letting the water get hot while she undresses.
Getting into the shower, the water starts hitting her.
It feels good cascading down over her body, she puts her hands up on the wall, closing her eyes.
She feels a presence behind her. Before she can turn around, she feels a body up against her back and two hands cupping her breasts.
Shaylynn turns around to see Severide, naked, standing underneath the water. He pulls her close to him, starts kissing her with the water falling on top of them.
Grabbing her, he goes to pick her up.
Shaylynn puts her hands on his chest to stop him, "Kelly, no! Not here! I don't want our first time to be in the Firehouse! I want the first time between us to be special!" she tells him.
He looks at her, "Whatever you want! You're not against kissing and touching are you?" he asks her giving her a huge sly grin.
Shaylynn smiles and shakes her head 'no'. She reaches her arms around him and runs her hands down his slippery back.
Thirty minutes later, Shaylynn comes walking back out to the Common area.
"It's about time!" Butch says to her, "I know you take a long time, but come on!"
That's when he sees Severide walk around the corner with his hair wet.
Rob, Dan, and Dave all smile at Shaylynn while Butch glares at her.
"It's not what you're thinking!" she tells Butch.
"Sure it's not!" he tells her, "Give him a kiss and let's get going!" Butch tells her motioning to the other guys to get up.
Shaylynn walks over to Severide, "I have to go!" she tells him giving him a kiss.
"You're still going to stop by later, right?" Severide asks her.
"Yes" she tells him.
He smiles at her and gives her another kiss, "I'll see you later! If we're not here, STAY! Don't leave!"
Shaylynn smiles at him, "Okay. I'll see you later!"
She turns around and sees Butch standing in the doorway, staring at her.
"You're such a creeper!" Shaylynn tells Butch as she walks past him.
"Proud of it!" Butch tells her following her out to the stalls.