Chapter 1: Seeking The Foe

There are a few things about me that most people know. I'm one of the strongest mages in Sabertooth, the Shadow Dragon Slayer Rogue Cheney. I hate mornings. I love Frosch. And my partner is an idiot.

But there are some things that not many people know about me. For example, I drink. A lot. And I don't drink in moderation. I swim in alcohol as much as Sting swims in paperwork. But I'm not a guy who gets drunk. I guess it serves me the title of strongest drinker in Sabertooth. Ever since the guild has been reformed, I've found that there is no one capable of drinking up to my expectations. So it has come upon me there are people who must be sought out after in order to satiate my desire to be defeated.

And though defeat is humiliating. It is necessary to grow as a person.

And so it has been... Five minutes since I've left to find a worthy opponent to have a drinking battle with. Yes, five minutes of absolute searching for the destined one. The one who will bring my destruction.

"IS THERE NO ONE WHO CAN DRINK BEYOND MY HEART'S DESIRE?!" I shouted.

A woman approaches me. She looks odd with poofs on her head.

"Rogue," she says. "You're wearing Sting's boxers on your head and let me tell you this. Lector printed underwear does not suit you." I turn to her and start to pet her poofs.

"Aye, but it beats being naked young maiden," I tell the young gal. "Now care to point me to your tavern's strongest drinker." She glares at me.

"You dare to pet me like I'm some animal, Cheney? I am Minerva Orland, strongest female wizard in this guild and I will make your life a living hell if you even dare to think that I-"

I plant my lips onto her and nibble for all women fall before my charm. A shriek rings out and suddenly I am hanging off of the ceiling with all my clothes starting to droop down to the floor. I suddenly felt sick as my world started to spin more and more.

This is the end. I can tell.

"Taste the rainbow," I mutter before I let all of the multicolored unicorn breath I possess rain down.