Chapter 7

Sapphire’s eyes snapped open.

White was all she could see. Then Sapphire remembered what happened, she sat up so quickly her heads hurt. She blinked her eyes as it adjusted comfortably to the light, and her jaw dropped.

Niall Horan was sleeping soundly on her lap. His ruffled hair looked so soft, Sapphire couldn’t help but to run through his locks through her fingers. The girl blushed madly, staring at his peaceful face.

“You looked so beautiful…” She whispered.

The Irish stirred a bit, but remained asleep. At least, Sapphire assumed that he was asleep.

She then hummed a soft lullaby, her melody vibrated through the room. It had a sweet tune to it, and a touch of sadness that no one had quite understood.

“Merry Christmas, Mr Lawrence…” She was shocked when the blonde murmured that phrase softly. How did he know?

She then felt her hands being gripped tightly by Niall’s, and her blanket was starting to get wet.

“Niall…?”

He didn’t look up, but she could tell that he was crying. Sapphire pulled him gently towards her and hugged him tightly. Niall was sobbing, Sapphire ran her fingers through his hair again.

“Y-you scared me… Y’know? We were o-on our way to the fan meeting and interview and I saw you just lying beside the lake and not moving. That moment… my heart stopped for like minutes because I thought you died.” He wailed into her hospital gown.

“I’m sorry if I worried you.” She whispered, the whole place was silent.

Then Niall spoke again.

“I- no, WE got you to the hospital… the doctor said that you were loosing loads of blood a-and…”

“And…?” Sapphire wasn’t sure if she wants to know.

“Y-your heart stopped, two times.” He gripped her more tightly, “ they had to use that iron thing on you two times.”

Sapphire giggled before she could stop herself, iron thing?

Then she coughed and became serious when Niall didn’t even response to that. Sapphire didn’t know what to say. No one had ever been that concerned with her before.

“But I’m fine now, I’m here.” She cupped his cheeks, looking into his dazzling blue eyes, sparkling as tears continued to flow freely. She wiped away his tears and rubbed her nose against his.

Niall blushed cutely, but he didn’t pull away, which Sapphire was grateful for. She needed the warmth and the blankets weren’t good enough.

“Did you just give me an Eskimo kiss?” He asked. Now it was Sapphire’s turn to blush furiously, she fidgeted as she let go of his pinchable, warm and smooth cheeks. She looked so shy, Niall just wanted to cuddle against her and stay like that forever.

“W-well, it just seemed like the right thing to do…”

“I don’t mind… Who did this to you? I thought you said you were going straight home!”

Sapphire remembered the three blondes and seethed.

“Don’t bother. Just some assholes.” She waved it off, hoping it would never happen again.

Niall shifted away from her, eyes suddenly looking down again. Sapphire almost pouted at the loss of his warmth. ALMOST.

“About the night in the bathroom…”

Sapphire deflated, she’d forgotten about that.

“Look, I freaked out. Sorry, but I’m kind of new to that. I have personal space and practically, I’d never been hugged by anyone but my grandpa! I’m not even sure if I like you or not!” Sapphire kept rambling on and on, making Niall smile at her nervous gesture. She was flapping her arms everywhere.

He caught her wrists midway and she shut up immediately.

“Hey. I’m sorry that I did that too, aren’t we supposed to be dating first?” He stopped when he saw Sapphire’s panicking face, “You haven’t got a boyfriend before?”

She shook her head wildly.

“Suddenly, you’d become so much more precious…” She swatted her arms at him playfully.

“I don’t like to play around. It disgusts me to see that, uh. Yeah,” She shrugged.

“So is that a yes?”

“To what?”

“DATING. Do you want to go out with me to dinner?”

Sapphire blushed madly.

“Okay.” She said in a small voice, feeling very hot and shy. Niall took her hand and kissed it gently, smiling at her confirmation. Any girl would be dying to be on Sapphire’s position.

Really.

“Now, I’m going to get the doctor and get you outta here.” With that Niall let go and stood up, stretching. Sapphire looked away as she saw his stomach when his shirt rode up to show his abdomen. Oh that sweet delicious looking- She slapped herself, hard.

“Bad Girl.” She muttered, smiling as she thought about the date.

#Sorry if it's kinda short, I have exams. So... I'll continue during the holidays, kk?