Can we keep it?

Peggys pov

I walk in downtown Ney York. Such a busy city. I start past an ally, when I hear meows from a box. I walk into the ally and pick up a box that the sound seems to be coming from. Inside is a small grey kitten. It had blue eyes and ash-colored fur. It was so small! I look around, looking for a cat that I would asume is the mother. No sign of one. I can't leave it outside! It has no food, and a box can't be good in the rain. I pull out my phone and message John. 

 P:*John I have a surprise for you *

J:*I'm scared*

P: don't be babe, it will be A wsome.

I put my phone up and realize it's starting to rain. I grab the box and trow my jacket over the top of it. I run to John and I's small apartment complex.  We are the only people there that live in our half, most people live on the left half. We live across the complex in a pretty quiet area. I run into our apartment.  "John, come here! I got something! "  I see John come out of the kitchen, wearing a turtle shirt and sweat pants. " What is it peggy?" John asks. I pull out the small kitten and hold it. " I found a kitty, I couldn't leave it outside John. It was raining.  "  John just stares at her. I put the cat in the box and gra b both his hands. " John, please. Let us keep it. Please?" John stares at me, thinking.  He sighs. " Fine, we can keep it. "  I hug him. " Thanks babe! You are the best!"  He smiles. 

Later

We go and and get all the stuff for the kitty. I'm so happy. Afterwards , we are back home and I'm playing with the kitty.John walked into the living room and sees I'm playing with the cat. He smiles.  " Babe, what are we gonna name them?" I turn towards him. " It's a girl, I think we will call her  ........" I pause. I haven't thought about it. 

"What about nyan?" John asked. "No John. " 

" We will call her Rose." Rose meows at me. We smile. We have expanded our family.  

I smile as John picks her up and takes her into bed late at night, before we went to to sleep. This is the start of something beautiful.