Blessed Lùnastal

My soul sister told me about this really wonderful porject that is starting today, August 1st - fittingly on Lùnastal - in Scots Gaelic, (which is my ancestry and sings loudly in my blood), also called Lammas from Old English, or or Lughnasadh from Irish Gaelic, meaning "First Harvest". The project is intended as a world wide cooperative. Each day of August we work to get back to our roots as pagans and go back to the basics. It's perfect for experienced and new practitioners alike. The project is being put on by Plentiful Earth. You can join in or follow with the hashtag #30DaysMagicalRoots I think Lùnastal, first harvest, is a GREAT day to beging getting back to our magical roots! Let's dig in!

Day one is all about divination. My favorite form of divination are runes. They speak to my spirit in an elemental, direct way. Pictured are my handmade runes from ethically gathered wolf's bones. These are extremely personal runes that I only use on readings with myself. The runes are painted on the bones with my own blood. It's no wonder they have such a direct line to me and my wild spirit. The question prompt is "What should I focus on this month?" I did a norns spread, which is my favorite spread that I find the most useful.

Uruz symbolizes the Auroch, a member of the ox family that became extinct long ago. This rune represents the strength, bravery, and endurance of this animal of old. Uruz portends the ability to meet problems head on and to overcome them. When the world was new, warriors used to test their strength against the Auroch. Hence, this rune has come to represent the masculine principle and the capacity to meet a challenge.

H

agalaz is the rune of hail. Hail is a destructive and elemental force, so one can expect this rune to represent the disruption of one's life. In the harsh northern winter there is a halt to activity, and so delay or hindrance is frequently associated with this rune. The opposite of chaos is yet more chaos, as illustrated by the fact that this rune cannot be reversed.

Laguz is the most strongly feminine of runes, representing water. Deep sexuality is suggested by this rune. Through Laguz, water is seen as the ocean - vast, uncontrollable, ever-changing, and vital. When interpreted as the returning tide, Laguz can also predict the inevitable return from a long journey.

Strength - Pain - Healing

What I got from this reading is to remain strong throughout the challenges this month. Expect some of the Work to be challenging, sometimes to the point of being painful. Use my strength to push through and meet the challenges - and I will find healing.

Sounds like a worthy endeavor.

I hope you join this challenge! I am looking forward to sharing this with many others and following your stories! Have a Blessed Lùnastal!

#runes #Lùnastal #Lammas #wildwoman #PlentifulEarth #spiritual #witchlife #Lughnasadh #witchythings #witchlyfe #challenge #wildchild #pagan #rune #runereading #oldsoul #witchesofwattpad #pagansof

wattpad

#witchcraft #magic #divination #roots #witch #BackToBasics #wildwomen #Wolf #WolfSpirit #crystalhealing #crystal