Chapter 1: A Mission With Sabertooth?!

Lucy's POV:

I raced out the door and ran straight to the Fairy Tail Guild. It's been about a week since the GMG(Grand Magic Games), and it has been lively as ever here. Sure the wizards here have been going on jobs, but the one thing I've noticed is that my dating with Natsu was becoming official. I was embarrassed at first, but it doesn't matter much anymore. Natsu seems more protective, but I'm used to it. It happens every year, or so I heard from Gajeel. He said that dragon slayers went through sort of phase where they look for mates.

I sighed. I stared up at the repaired building of the Fairy Tail guild. Since Fairy Tail won the GMG, the mayor had declared that the Fairy Tail Guild be redecorated and improved. I smiled and walked into the guild.

"Ohayo, minna!" I shouted. Of coarse the first person to rush out to me was Natsu. That hot-head could never keep still before, now he was always hyper full-time! But, I guess that's a good thing, because if he's a hot-head, then he's my hot- head.

"Lucy!" he shouted. "I missed you!" Natsu pecked me on my forehead, and dragged me to a table. Wendy, Gray, and Erza were sitting down.

"It's been a while since we've all gone on a mission together. Normally it's just Lucy, Natsu, and Happy going together now," Erza exclaimed glancing at the couple.

"Yeah," Gray agreed. Suddenly, Erza punched Gray in the arm.

"Ow! What was that for, Erza?!" Gray shouted.

"Your clothes," Erza said emotionlessly. Gray jumped, and frantically grabbed his shirt and jacket and put it on. I laughed. Normally, I would see Cana or Juvia mentioning something about Gray's clothes, but Erza rarely said it.

Once Gray was done putting his clothes on, he joined the group once more. Erza started explaining the mission. She said we were going to some new town that just opened. It was called Luna Town. The client was a merchant who had a very expensive item stolen by some thieves. For some reason, the merchant specifically asked for two teams of wizards to get it back.

Gray said that the other team would be from a different guild as well. I was confused by this. Although it was just a simple robbery, the client was offering an unusually high reward of eighty million jewel. Sure that was alot of money, but this job seemed to be one that was worth a couple hundred. I shrugged. Perhaps there's more than the flyer said.

Wendy said that we would leave in 10 minutes. I nodded, and went to grab a drink. Once I was done, we headed out. Luckily, this Luna Town was a couple miles away from Magnolia. We decided to walk on foot. Erza thought it would take about two days. Thank goodness I don't have to have Natsu's slobber on my skirt. We walked for a long time. Soon, the sun was setting. We made a fire and slept.

The next morning, we set off for Luna Town once more. I was getting tired. Maybe walking was a bad idea... I sighed. Finally, after a long day's walk, we arrived in Luna Town. I gotta say, it was amazing. It made sense was called Luna Town. The town was covered in decorations relating to night, the moon, stars, and a lot more. I sensed a comforting, peaceful vibe coming from it. But, that does mean it was vulnerable to robberies.

Erza led the way to to the client's headquarters. It was a small building that was a magic shop. When we entered, an old man with straight, gray, hair was sitting by the cashier. He was reading a newspaper. The man looked up.

"Welcome," he said. "Are you looking for any magic items? We have some new keys in stock." I couldn't believe it! This guy had keys. I had to look at them! I opened my mouth to speak but Erza spoke first.

"Actually, we're here for a job. You requested we catch some thieves," she said. How dare she interrupt me! Anyway, the old man put down his newspaper and got up.

"Oh! You're the other group of wizards, then! Welcome! Please follow me," he said. The man led Erza, Natsu, Gray, Happy, Wendy, and I to a room in the back. I gasped. The other wizards from the other guild were there. I could barely breathe. I would have been fine with any wizard, but not these ones.

The wizards here, they were Sting Eucliffe, and Rogue Cheney. Two dragon slayers from Sabertooth. Just in the GMG, this was the same group that was vicious, and brutal to the weak. They were just so cruel. Now, we're on a mission with them! Although, we of Fairy Tail made up with them, and they've started tresuring their teamates, but it was still so weird.

Suddenly, Natsu jumped in front of me and said, "She's mine, and you can't have her!" I sighed. This just got awkward. I pushed Natsu aside and apoligized for his behavior. I suddenly noticed Sting staring intently at me. I shivered. It sort of reminded me of Natsu when a guy was flirting with me. Natsu was staring right back. I ignored Natsu, but Sting was something else. He seemed to be sending off a vibe. It felt oddly familiar. It felt like a comforting feeling, like whip cream. I felt like I know this feeling, as if I've known Sting for a long time. But, that's just crazy! Either way, Natsu is mine, and he would kill Sting if I started dating him. Although, I admit, Eucliffe is sort of hot. Of coarse, Natsu is hotter, in both ways. Soon, the client started explaining our mission.

Sting's POV:

I can't believe Fairy Tail was the other guild! Let alone Natsu's team! This was dragon-mating season! Just how could I stay sane like this?! I took this mission to get away from mating season sensations!

I stared at Lucy. She as beautiful as ever. I was going to go mad if she was here. I couldn't stand it. When Natsu jumped in front of her, he yelled that she was his, I growled slightly. So, it was official, then. As if! I'll get Heartfilia, one way or another, even if we have to play hard-ball. Lucy will be mine...

The client pulled out a map of the region and explained the mission. Suddenly, I came up with a great idea. If I could get Lucy alone, then I'll make her mine. I just hoped Natsu hadn't marked her yet. I shook my head. Stay focused, Sting. The client continued explaining, but I don't think I could stop thinking about Lucy. Why did the operation have to erase her memory? Why did it make her forget about me?! I sighed. The client finished explaining the mission. The Fairies got up and left. The Erza girl told us to meet at this inn to discuss our plan. I got it. This was my chance. I could get Lucy alone if I found her room! I nodded to Erza. Rogue, Frosch, Lector and I left. My plan would work. I'll make sure of it. This was going to be some meeting...