Opposites Attract

It was a rainy day, the roads were busy. On the terrace, she was enjoying the rain dancing and jumping happily. He watched as she danced, the continuous smile plastered on her face was all he wanted to see everyday. As she saw him, she stopped and looked down. As he witnessed this, he took baby steps towards her and stood behind her resting his chin on her shoulder blade wrapping his arms around her. "You look so beautiful while dancing, why did you stop?", he complimented her and she blushed feeling his hot breathe on her neck and smiled.

He entwined his hand with hers and kissed her cheek and freed her from his arms still holding her hand and twirled her in the rain, she fell in his arms and he kissed her neck as she blushed. "OK Anika now let's go inside else we'll catch cold," he said and they went inside. "Shivaay, come down for pooja," his mother called out from downstairs. "Yes mom, coming," he replied. "Anika, you too go and change OK, then we'll go downstairs together, I will drop you to your house." She frowned. "What happened?", he asked. "I don't have clothes," she gestured him by her body language.

 "I don't have clothes," she gestured him by her body language

He opened her cupboard and gave her a red saree. "Who does this belong to?", she signed. "I bought it for you only, so no worries, now go else mom will be angry," he said and she went. Anika was of seventeen years old, she was mute since her birth, she belonged to a middle class family, she and Shivaay fell in love with each other at first sight in childhood, their families had planned to get them married later on, they weren't just lovers but best friends as well, they knew each other in and out.

Shivaay was from a rich family on the other side but all he cared about was love. He had only two purposes in his life, first to give his family the best and second to make Anika free of complex she had because of her muteness, he cared for her and loved her very much. After the pooja was done, Shivaay's mother Pinky distributed prasad among them and as usual Shivaay and Anika shared it, he ate half and gave the other half to her. He felt good while sharing it with her. He dropped her to her house.

"Who told you to go outside? Don't you know you're not allowed?", her grandmother Sushma shouted on her. She wasn't ever allowed to go outside as her grandmother and father Manindar thought that she's a curse as she is born mute, only her mother Nimmi and Shivaay cared for her. He heard her shout and stopped on the doorway and went back inside. "Why? Why can't she go outside? She also have a life like you people, I m witnessing all this since my childhood, no one loves her. Why?", he said and her father and mother too came outside.

 Why?", he said and her father and mother too came outside