Dempsey Origin Story

My name is Joshua Boston. People used to call me a hero.

I led the Sonic Heroes and the Knights of the Wind for over 20 years. We ended several great crises and paved the way to a better future. Those were the good old days. They didn't last.

Bad guys started popping up all over the country. Lots of folks said that we failed to keep America safe. So they made a dictatorship out of the great country that I love. The presidency was no longer an option. Instead, all power fell to the Director of the Federal Reserve.

Two years of this new system passed by. The Democrats continued to prosper. The Director's Regime continued to patrol the streets, hunting all those that would dare protest. 

A spark to a civil war had just been ignited. I was one of the few to protest against the Federal Reserve because I knew that it was the problem, and Democrats called for my head. They almost got their wish.

It was a conspiracy. The Sonic Heroes and Knights of the Wind got torn apart from both inside and out. My so-called "allies" from the CIA liquidated my partner Agent Dingo, aka Sydney Havengar. In a rage, I liquidated them in return. A few of the Sonic Heroes fled to Corvus, and I was one of them.

The Democrats thought I died. Part of me did. 

But the war goes on.

Now, I work as a Freelancer under the call sign "Dempsey," the leader and founder of the new organization known as the Sonic Youth. The sole survivors of Project Freelancer, Agents Carolina and Washington, have decided to join us in our quest for our America's freedom. And so, we work in secret, striking from the shadows, hunting all those that brought America down.

Call me a vigilante or brand me as a traitor if you want. Truth is, I'm just a soldier.