Best Friends

• Dedicated to All my friends,imaginary or not

"Ren stop!"I yelled as Ren, my best friend, was chasing me around the playground.He caught up to me and we both tumbled into the sandpit.We were giggling like mad until my mom scooped me up and put me into the car.

"Were leaving."She huffed.

"But mom, Ren and I were having so much fun."I said buckling my seat belt.She gave me a weird look.

"Ann you were playing by yourself,there is no Ren."She said with an exasperated sigh.

"Ya huh,he's the blonde headed boy by the sand pit."I said.She should be able to see him he was the only one by the sand pit.

"There's no one there,Ann,its only your imagination. Ren and all your other friends are not real."She said looking at me through the rear view mirror."Your seven,it's time for you to get real friends and get rid of your imaginary ones."

"But they are real,Ren just pushed me into the sand pit."At this mom looked worried,we didn't talk the ride home.I knew Ren and the others ever since I could remember,we all grew up together.Some of my friends are about my age but they can come in a variety of ages.When I was younger mom thought it was cute that I talked to my "friends" but now she doesn't like them any more.No one else can see them,only I can,I found that out the hard way.

We got home and I went outside to play.Mom and dad were talking in the kitchen about something while making lunch.

"Hey,Ann."Ren said behind me.Unlike most boys my age he was actually a little taller than me.He had sand blonde hair and tan eyes.Sometimes I don't believe he's seven,he knows everything.I think he's even smarter than my parents.He always wore shirts that represented films,today it was kid flash.

Dawn was by him.They're not related even though they could easily pass for twins except Dawn has sky blue eyes.Dawn always had a cute dress on,today it was red and pink with matching flip flops and headband.She was the girlist girl I knew,she loved forcing me to dress up and do makeovers.

"Hey guys."I said "Do you want to play tag?"

"Ann,we have something to tell you."Dawn started.

"What?"I asked.

"You can't tell any one about us.If they ask,you have to say you can't see us."Dawn said.

"Why?"I asked.

"They will hurt you."Ren said looking straight at me.He looked really worried.This must be serious.

"Will I still be able to see you guys?"I asked.Dawn smiled slightly although Ren looked a little doubtful.

"Of course,were all best friends."Dawn said.

"Ann, lunch is ready, come inside."My mother called.I started walking to the house.Before I went inside I turned.

"I won't tell a single person."I promised and walked inside.