Primrose Everdeen

Hey! just thought id write this; i thought id be cool to. please enjoy, comment, love! thanks!

Introduction

The Capitol lady's slim hand reaches into the bowl, and all I can hear is the beating of my heart, feel the slight sting on my finger from the prick, and see that one piece of paper that she draws out. all i can think is,

Please don't be me. Please don't be me. Please-

"Primrose Everdeen."

A murmur goes through the crowd, but I can't hear them.

I replay what she said in my mind.

No, I think, she didn't say Primrose. She said someone else's poor name, and I just misheard it with her weird accent. A girl that i may recognize but dont know will step up, a parents will stifle their cries, and I will walk back home, safe and sound, watching the tv, watching those poor kids kill each other until one is left standing.

And I imagine this, my body relaxing, until a soldier dressed in protective gear (like district 12 would even dare to harm him) comes up to me and nudges my back, hard, with his gun.

A gasp escapes my lips, and I take a step forward.

And another.

And another.

Until I am on the steps to the platform, silence threatening to choke me, tears not coming, screams not wailing. I just walk up, numbly, and stand beside the strange lady with the big pink hair and strawberry lips.

I look out into the crowd of gray people, and catch my sister's eyes. Katniss looks at me, her face pale, her mouth pressed in a hard, straight line.

She takes a deep breath and is about to step forward, about to volunteer, about to save her poor little sister. I actually think she is about to do it, to risk her life, until she takes a step back

and shakes her head.

No.

And I'm not surprised.