Chapter 14

*Brianna's pov*

My phone rings for the tenth time, and I finally was able to pick it up. I checked the caller ID. It was Ariel.

*Call Conversation*
Me: Hello?
Ariel: GODDAMMIT WOMAN! It's about time you picked up your freaking phone!!
Me: Look I'm sorry, I'm on my way home now.
Ariel: Brianna you okay? You sound kind of sad. I'm guessing it didn't workout..

I tried to hold back my tears. I didn't want to cry more, especially during a phone call with Ariel.

Me: Ariel I'll just explain when I get home okay?

The phone call ends, and I started my car. It's been a long ass day. Just this morning, Ariel comes back excited to see me asking about Jack and everything, now when I get home, I have to tell her about the heartbreaking news.

I took my time driving home, not intending on going back as soon. The streets were empty. Barely any cars were on the road. It was pretty late out, and most of the stores were closed.

"Dang it, I can't go buy ice cream at this time", I said to myself.

I'm a mess, like I'm not kidding here, my shirt is soaked from all my tears. My hair was a mess, like always. If Jack had seen me now, he would run even further away from me.

I arrived at my driveway. My bedroom lights were still on, so I'm guessing Ariel was staying up to wait for me. I get out of my car and rang the doorbell. Apparently I seemed to forget my keys at home, so now I have to wait for Ariel to open the door for me.

I see her silhouette behind the the curtains of the house, as she came up to open the door.

"Brianna you're finally home!" she said.

I didn't say anything to her, and instead walked into the house and straight to my bedroom.

I just dived into my bed, my body laying motionless on it. Ariel comes in the room.

"You want to talk about it?" she asked me.

I shook my head.

She understood and left me alone. I didn't leave my bed the rest of the night. I just laid there, my eyelids slowly closing until I fell asleep.

*The next morning*

I woke up to the sound of my alarm. It was 7 am, and I had to be leaving the house by 8. I almost forgot that I had a job to go to this morning, so getting out of bed took awhile.

"Brianna get up! You have a job to go to remember!" I heard Ariel shouting.

Ugh, I do. I rolled out of my bed, like literally, then headed to the bathroom. For some reason I stank (stunk?) this morning, so I decided to take a shower.

*Jack's pov*

I woke up early this morning so I can eat my breakfast before Brianna arrives to avoid contact with her later. What I planned today is to avoid her as much as I can, by rehearsing, staying in my room, or anywhere in general that she won't be. Plus I'm leaving soon to go pick up Daniel.

"You're up early", said Jonah as he saw me walking into the kitchen.

"Yeah I'm uh going to visit Daniel at the hospital soon", I said.

"Can I come too?"

"Sure."

I grabbed the leftover chocolate cake that I was planning to eat yesterday, from the refrigerator. Then sat down next to Jonah at the counter.

As I ate my cake, Corbyn comes in with 2 boxes of shoes.

"Look what my mom sent me!" he said.

I rolled my eyes. Here goes Corbyn again with his shoe obsession. His room that he shares with Zach and Jonah, is like filled with his shoes. Though I must admit, he has a great sense of style of shoes. Too bad Corbyn and I aren't the same shoe sizes, because if we were, then I would definitely borrow his shoes.

"Shoes?" said Jonah.

Corbyn opens the boxes right infront of us. He then gets a pair of them out and held it close to him.

"I'm in love", he said.

"Don't fall in love too hard. Remember you're still dating Christina", I said to him laughing.

"Want to come with us later to meet Daniel?" Jonah asked Corbyn.

"Nah can't, I have to stay here since Brianna is coming over soon. Jeff is putting me in charge", said Corbyn proudly.

I know it's awkward between Brianna and I, but why would Jeff put Corbyn to help with Brianna instead of me?

"Wait why did he ask you to be in charge?" I asked him.

"I was the only one that answered his phone call, so now I'm in charge", said Corbyn.

*Brianna's pov*

I get into my car and texted Jeff for his orders of what he wanted me to do for the day.

Me: hey Jeff, I'm off to the house right now.
Jeff: good, Corbyn is going to be there today and he'll show you to my office. In there will be a stack of papers I would want you to sort out for me, then later I want you to help do the chores around the house. Don't worry, I made a list for you too in my office of the chores.

Great so basically I'm a maid for the day. I'm not going to complain though, because hopefully this will help me avoid Jack the rest of the day.

Me: okay!

I start the car and drove to the house. It was almost 9 o'clock meaning I was about to be late on my first actual day of the job! Hopefully Corbyn won't tattletale on me.

I drive into their driveway. One of the cars seemed to be missing there. Maybe one of the boys left the house. Hopefully it's Jack.

The morning view of LA from their house is breathtaking. Okay seriously, like every time I go to their house, I always have to leave a comment about their view from their place, but if you were here too, you would be doing the same.

I stood outside for a moment before ringing the doorbell, taking in the fresh air.

"Well here goes nothing", I said, then rung the doorbell.

Immediately the door opens and out comes Corbyn greeting me.

"Hey Brianna!" he said in his high pitched goofy voice (this is why I love the bean😂❤️) .

"Hey Corbyn. Please don't kill me for being late!"

He laughs and gestures me to go in. Then closes the door behind him.

"I won't kill you, but I might tell Jeff."

"Omg please don't, I'm begging you!" I was basically on my knees that moment praying that he wouldn't do such a thing. After a few seconds of embarrassing myself like that, he helps me up.

"Don't worry, I won't", he said.

I put my bag down on the table, and looked around. It's quiet here, like really quiet. Was anyone even at home, besides Corbyn, at this moment?

"Hey where is everyone?" I asked him.

"Oh Zach is asleep. So are Aspen and Atallia. Daniel's at the hospital, so Jack and Jonah are going to check on him."

"Oh yeah you heard about the Daniel news."

"Yeah, don't worry, I'm not blaming you or anyone on it."

Corbyn shows me to Jeff's office, and left me there after that. It was just me and a stack of papers now, which I will have to be sorting through sadly. This day is just going to go great...
.
.
.
{SRRY FOR THE LATE CHAPTER! Been so busy on vacation that never really had the time to write this. I'm trying to be more active now, so pls don't give up on my story 😂 give this chapter a vote and I'll promise to be more active ❤️}