Make Due

SuperFlArrow⚡️💥⬆️
Team Flash, Oliver, and Don stood in the cortex. They were all discussing how to find Vixen, when Barry said the obvious, "Why don't I just run with Oliver and Don over there?"
Cisco hummed, "That's not a bad idea, but still don't know where she is."
"She's a superhero, she'll probably be fighting crime," Barry said, anxiously.
"You okay man?" Cisco asked.
"Yeah, I'm fine."

Barry was not fine. Every since he saw that the future article changed to next year, he'd been freaking out. He doesn't know if he should tell his friends, or keep it to himself. Barry had been speeding in and out of the cortex to check the newspaper, but it still said the new date.

"Okay, then let's do that, but bring me with you," Cisco said.
"You want to come?" Barry asked, suddenly changing into his Flash suit.
"That was slick," Cisco said, "And yeah, I do."
"Okay, let's get ready then," Barry said, disappearing in a flash of lightning.

Everyone stood around in silence until Don spoke up, "Does he always do that?"
"I'll go talk to him," Kara said.

----------------------------------------------
SuperFlash⚡️💥
Barry sat on top of STAR Labs, debating if he should tell the team about the future article. As Barry inspected it the last time, he noticed the suit was different, too. It had lightning coursing through it, like blood in veins.

Barry was ripped out of his thoughts when Kara landed next to him, "Hey."
"Hey," Barry said, keeping his stare at the horizon, the bright sun hurting his eyes.
"Are you okay?" Kara asked.
"Fine," Barry said, turning his head to Kara.
"Barry, I saw you running off every few minutes, what was that about?"
Barry gave Kara a confused look, "How did you...?"
Kara replied fast, "I have alien eyes."

Barry and Kara sat in silence. Neither one of them wanting to say something. Until Barry finally said the other thing in his mind.

Barry shook his head, "Kara, we almost kissed."
Kara gulped, "I know."
"So what does that mean for us?" Barry asked, fiddling with his fingers.
"I don't know," Kara said.

Barry and Kara sat in silence, once again. They both seemed as confused as the other. Neither of them knew where to go from there, if there was anywhere to go.

"Maybe it was just in the moment?" Kara asked, hoping for an answer.
"Kara, I don't really know," Barry said, as another part of his mind thought about Savitar's last words, 'a new love.'
"Well, should we..." Kara started, but stopped.
"Go on a date?" Barry finished as awkward as Kara started.
"I mean, we--"

Kara was cut off as the door to the roof opened. Cisco stepped out and looked around. Cisco spotted the two and jogged over to them.

Barry turned his head, "What's up?"
"Are you ready to go?" Cisco asked.
"Yeah, I'll be down in a minute," Barry said.

Cisco nodded and walked off. As he reached the exit and left, Barry looked back at the horizon. The bright sun was beating down on them, making Barry sweat in his Flash suit.

"Are you coming, too?" Barry asked, breaking the silence.
"I think I should stay here, protect Central while you're gone," Kara said.
Barry nodded, "Okay, but we still owe each other a date."
Kara smiled, "Be fast."

Before Kara knew it, Barry placed a kiss on her cheek and sped off, leaving a trail of lighting and Kara blushing.

----------------------------------------------
FlArrow⚡️⬆️
Barry, Cisco and Oliver stood on top of a Detroit building, the sun blazing above them. Barry had stayed in his Flash suit, and Oliver had changing into his suit.

"Where is Don?" Oliver said to himself, but loud enough for Barry and Cisco to hear.
"He said he had to use the bathroom," Cisco said, popping another skittle into his mouth.
"Yeah, well we're out in broad daylight, anyone could see us."
"Alright, no need to get sassy."

After about five minutes, the rooftop door open and Don stepped out, "Sorry, I needed to take care of this."
Cisco scoffed, "Is that your suit?"
Don sighed, "It's what I make due with, it lasted the first month without training."

Don's 'suit' was a pair or solid black sneakers, black jeans, and a black hoodie. Don had two old leather belts around his back and chest, ninja stars resting in carved out slots. A star was carved into the belts.

Oliver whispered something to himself and sighed, "Let's get to work."
Barry scoffed and put on his cowl, "Way ahead of you."
"Barry, you have to stop with the speed puns," Oliver said, a smile tugging at his lips.
"No way."