Death did more than kiss me.

I didn't mind the marks he left so dangerously close to my wrist. I didn't mind how well he knew my tears. He held them at his command. I didn't mind because the way he caressed my face with a cold palm, draining the colour from my skin, made me feel attached and wanted.

Like a cloudy sky he struck my body with lightning, leaving scars so untamed. I gained character but lost substance. The more I lost however the more I gained. You see, death did more than kiss me, he ravished my mind with colourful experiments that overwhelmed me. I wanted to be with him so bad but he always left me saying "if you love me, don't let me go". Death has cheated on me, holding on to those I'd switch places with in a heartbeat and he knows, he knows whatever is left of me that I care with, I would do it for both them and myself. He says I'm strong enough and I should appreciate what he does. He says I'll see the worth in the end. When he speaks like this, I often don't recognize him but I can't leave, I can't let him go. You see, the darkness he possesses and encompasses me with is like the softest quilt. His snare is so desirable but the smile that appears on his lips before each kiss, let's me know that it won't be my last.

By: Bella~