Chapter 6

Chapter Six

I fed on the pain as my body ripped itself apart. My back muscles screamed with agony as wings flared from my shoulder blades. My hair turned its deep black and grew almost to my hips. My nails extended changing to the color of blood. Reason fled where magic replaced it.

Now, Mikal, Data, Pian, Teyan, Cabe, and Brand all looked like nothing. Just flies to bat away. I pushed out my power sending all the guards to their knees over twenty feet from where they started. Zane watched me with impassive black eyes, his arms dangling at his sides.

I stepped closer watching his hands, feeling the increase of wind and power. He never moved, just watched me move closer. I lifted a hand blazing with dark power, feeling my black wings flare open behind me. Trailing my power enriched hand down his scarred cheek, I smiled.

"What did you call me?" I asked softly, lightly running my fingertips up his cheek and back. "I believe I heard you correctly when you called me migás." I tilted my head watching, as his eyes followed the path my hand took over his jaw to his collarbone. "But I do not know if you said it out of anger or because you truly believe I am nothing but a whore's son."

The power in my hand disintegrated the fabric of his shirt, leaving his muscled chest open. I trailed my hand along his defined pectorals and circled his washboard abs individually. Zane's breathing sped up, his muscles clenching in anticipation. I smirked and went back up instead. He never moved his hands besides gripping them into clenched fists. Fuck, I thought, my father must have incubus blood within him. I felt nothing at what I did next.

"You do know, though," I started again, "By calling me migás you are saying Raidon isn't my father. You're saying you don't really believe him. So, please answer me. Do you think I am nothing more than a migás, that I have no right to the powers flowing through my veins?" I moved my right wings so the feathers caressed down his left arm. He shivered. "That I have no right to even be in your presence. Am I nothing but a whore myself?"

Zane's eyes closed briefly before opening them again and focusing on me. The look in his eyes was tortured as if he regretted ever opening his mouth. "Sygnó̱mi̱. I apologize, pouláki mou. I was angry." I drifted my hand down again, nonchalantly touching his heated skin. He groaned aloud. "Please, ómorfos, you are torturing me." Smirking, I leaned in closer until our noses were almost touching.

"Promise to only say something when you mean it?" He shuddered under my hand, his reaching up and clasping mine in a fierce grasp.

"Orkízomai. I swear." I grinned, shook his hand from mine and turned away, letting my wings brush across the bulge in his pants my hands were unable to touch for fear of the reciprocation. Zane swore a long streak of Greek as I walked away. Pian, Teyan and Cabe walked beside me, occasionally glancing back at the still cursing servant to the King of the Underworld. I shrugged when Pian asked if I cared, Cabe raised a white eyebrow in my direction.

"He gets what he deserves," I told Cabe. Even if it was a man who I did that to, at that moment, it seemed like gender had no meaning. I really needed to ask my father what type of demon blood ran through my veins.

Eventually we reached the Palace of Tartarus, the front doors opening without any one of us knocking. Holding one door open was an elderly demon. A demon doorman, had a ring to it. The demon had a stoic expression, droopy gray eyebrows and even droopier jaw. He looked more like a dog than Cabe. His short hair was the same color of his eyebrows, an old grey. He was only slightly taller than I was and he took up space. He was rotund with dark black pants, a white undershirt and black jacket a small bow tie included. He welcomed every male with a slight smile, but when he got to me, he raised his eyebrows.