nine

C H A P T E R : N I N E

Yuna and I walk hand in hand into some Italian restaurant, it was slightly dim and the ambiance overall that the restaurant gave off was calm and sophisticated.

I wasn't calm though, the dress prevented me from being calm, I had to pull my dress down occasionally because it was a bit uncomfortable and tight might I add.

"Mia, you look gorgeous as ever love." My dad romantically greets the woman with curly brunette hair who I assumed was his girlfriend.

Yuna mumbles "yuck" under her breath, I push her slightly with my hip, a laugh was about to leave my mouth.

Both Yuna and I stand behind our dad, looking at them awkwardly not knowing what to do or say. I was patiently waiting for my dad to give us a heads up so we didn't have to just stand there.

"These are my beautiful daughters, Yuna..." My dad pulls Yuna gently towards Mia, I push Yuna gently, signaling to shake her hand.

"And this is Sahara." He says proudly, I shake her hand and smile not knowing what to say.

We scramble and take our designated seats, both adults too busy talking about their days while Yuna was occupied with the coloring book the restaurant provided for kids.

I wanted one too... I may be 17 but I'm 10 at heart.

I had to find other ways to distract myself so I took my phone out even though it was rude to be on your phone during dinner but I did it discreetly. Looking down at my phone, lowkey and capture the time, 6:36pm. My dad said the dinner would only last for an hour and then they would just go out and plan something on top of their heads.

"Sahara..." My dads voice echoes in my head, I look up, everyone's eyes was at me, I felt a little bit intimidated and anxious.

"What would you like to order?" I look down at the menu that was displayed infront of me and everyone eventually drop their stares and continued on with their conversations.

A sigh of relief escapes from my mouth. I was praying the dinner would go by quickly, I wasn't willing to sit in a dimly lit room and talk about where I want to apply for college, or what my future plan is.

Just an hour, just a few hours left.

Somehow, God knows how, I managed to convince my dad to let me leave dinner early. He didn't question why which was a relief, I wasn't in the mood to explain myself. He didn't seem to care about me since he had his eyes glued to Mia, hell my eyes never left her either, she was gorgeous and classy.

I had just texted Ethan to pick me by a random coffee shop that was minutes down away from the Italian restaurant, I didn't want to be seen with Ethan especially when my dad was around. Not that he cared but I was in no mood for arguments, I just wanted to leave.

A white Jeep pulls over causing me to step back a bit in fear, I hear the drivers door shut and some footsteps coming my way. I turn around praying to God it wasn't what I thought it was.

I'm in trouble... Then my fear dispersed into thin air when I heard his voice, I recognized it well, too well.