Dear Got away

I put you under that title,
not because you got away but because I did.
Life lessons are the ones we should always learn from
Even when they're not your own.

I put you under the title
' WILL ALWAYS LOVE' ,because for the life of me, I do not think I'll ever be able to let you go, so that you can fly with the other birds freely and wildly. I will forever cage you in the deepest part of my heart.
I can never bring myself to say goodbye to you not for selfish reasons but because you took my heart in the process of us
sharing redemption. My redemption is found in you,
so never give the power to another.
We are like Romeo and Juliet expect we don't end up dead but broken with pieces unamendable because being with you seems wrong.

Forgive me for not catching you while you fell,
I know you caught me. I am choosing to have a successful, academic and career future than settle for less.
Am not saying being with you is setting for less
But I can not handle being vulnerable, weak and a burden to you.
I believe I am more than that and being with you is slowly closing that door and I need it open.

Happy endings are indeed the defaults that happen in our lives or else I would have that with you.
It is said that we should follow our hearts but in this situation I can't.
You have my heart and mind all twisted up and I don't know which way is up or down.
I can never predict the future so that's why I choose not to gamble with mine.
We have yet to understand each other deeper than the physical

Forgive me for being like this but I am a coward. I chose to give up on us but never to give up on a future I've always dreamed of.
If we were meant to be, then we will find our way back home,
into each others arms.
I listened to your heartbeat last night and it nearly bought me to my knees because it was in sync with mine.

Heartbreaks are inevitable. I couldn't catch you because I want you to be happy and maybe find better than me,
But while doing that know that I am jealous 'cause I'll never find what we had.

I decided to say 'I LOVE YOU' in bold and I hope to find my home back.😢