Chapter 1

I feel a hand on my shoulder and someone sit beside me on my bed.

"Good morning dear y/n."

"Good morning mother."

"Breakfast is waiting in the great hall. I'll meet you there."

"Ok."

With that, she leaves my room and shuts the door. I get out of bed and walk over to my closet. I pick out the dress I'm going to wear and put it on. Walking over to my mirror, I grab my brush and stroke it through my hair. Then I finish with two braids meeting eachother halfway at the back of my head, adding my crown.

I slip on my ballet flats, wrap myself in a blue cloak, and head down to the great hall. When I get down there, I see my mother waiting for me. I sit down and a plate of food is put infront of me by one of the maids.

"Thank you." I smile kindly and she respondes back with a "You're welcome."

I begin to eat my salad first.

"So.." Mother begins. "How was your sleep?"

"It was good. How was yours?"

"That's good. Mine was well. We will be getting visitors soon."

"Oh? Who will be joining us and for what reason?" I ask.

"A company of 8, for a reason I'm still not so sure of myself."

"Oh." After we finish eating, I decide to take a walk around Lothlórien. The trees are filled with youth. I find a bench by the bridge so I decide to go sit. Once I get comfortable, I hear a creature sniffing me. I turn around to see a bear.

"Well hello there." I giggle as I pet it. "What is your name?"

"Hi princess, I'm Tanor." The bear answers with a male voice.

"That's a nice name. But you can just call me y/n."

"You can understand me?" The bear takes a step towards me.

"Of course I can. Mother says I got this power from my ada." I have never met my father and my mother rarely speaks of him. I've just came up with the conclusion that maybe he is dead.

Tanor walks infront of me and bends down. "Want a ride? You look very bored." I accept his offering and climb onto his back. He starts walking away from the bridge. It was nice and peaceful until I heard Haldirs voice.

"Mae govannen, Legolas Thranduilion (Welcome Legolas son of Thranduil)." He says.

Tanor stops walking when he notices I'm curious as to what is happening.

Legolas son of Thranduil? Why does that sound so familiar?

"Govannas vîn gwennen le, Haldir o lórien (our fellowship stands in your debt, Haldir of Lórien)." Responds who I'm guessing is Legolas.

Tanor starts to move closer to the direction of the voices but stays hidden.

"A, Aragorn in Dúnedain istannen le ammen (Oh, Aragorn of the Dúnedain, you are known to us)." Says Haldir again. I hop off of Tanors back.

Aragorn.

"Stay here." I whisper as I move closer.

The next to speak is a harsh, raspy voice. "So much for the legendary courtesy of the elves. Speak words we can also understand!"

"We have not had dealings with the dwarves, since the dark days."

The raspy voice speaks again." And you know what this dwarf says to that? Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul! (I spit upon your grave)"