05

He logs off the app with a smile on his face

Are you flirting with me?

Depends. Is it working?

Not at all.

After that conversation, they hadn't talked for two days. She was interesting, he'd give her that, but mysterious.

What if she was an overweight guy with an obsession for noodles? With these websites, you never even knew.

But there was something different about this girl. She was almost like an iceberg - more substance underneath than on top. Not that he was comparing her to something cold and lifeless.

But he liked the idea of talking to her. People usually claimed it was easier to talk to a stranger and he was beginning to believe they were right.

He would never in a million years tell anyone he hated his job. But even though he didn't even know this girl, somehow it was better to confess.

And when he typed out the words 'I hate my job' he didn't even think before sending it. Later, he'd realized she probably didn't even care. But somehow, their conversation had been both light and funny and exactly what he'd needed.

Curiosity was beginning to spark in his bones. What did she look like? What was her name?

But they'd promised each other - no personal details.

Meanwhile, work was absolutely horrifying. He'd spent the first two days in countless meetings and any free time that he had, his father had made him meet all the employees.

So on the third day, he'd decided that if he didn't live up to expectations, than he might just burn the company to the ground.

But the million dollar question was - how do you save a burning building? Or rather yet, buildings?

The rumors were true - their company was falling. But the city was in the middle of a recession and he should have been glad that their group of hotels was doing better than the rest.

But it wasn't as its best. And he hadn't gone through four years of studying marketing techniques and business tactics for nothing.

So that morning, he walked into the office with a cup of low-sugar, no-cream coffee in his hand, and called in all of the important people that took care of the 'marketing' part of the industry. He sat them down, explained the situation, and asked them to work on new techniques that would appeal to a wider range of audience members.

After all, a hotel didn't run only if it's customers were rich businessmen and congressman. Tourists, families and elderly couples mattered just as much.