More than this

Ezra's POV

"Your wife and daughter were in an accident."

Those are words you never want to hear, well words no family member wants to hear.

You want every little thing to go according to plan. But to everyone's dismay it never happens.

It's one thing with your wife, but it's another with your first daughter. You want nothing more but to protect them from harm.

(Flashback)
Arriving home from a long day at work, I expected to find Aria cooking dinner. Along with my eager fireball of a daughter.

Instead I came home to a quiet, and deserted house. Walking into the kitchen, I found a pen and a notepad laying on the counter.

Went to the store to get something for dinner. Be back soon,
Aria

Thinking nothing of it and not knowing when the note was written I walked into the cluttered living room. Daisy's toys were all over the floor, it didn't matter how often Aria cleaned it.

Daisy was three years old, and a little ball of energy. She was our little miracle and we both couldn't be happier with her.

The ringing of my phone disturbed the silence of the empty house.

"Hello." I answered not even looking at the caller ID.

"This is Rosewood hospital. Can we speak to Ezra Fitz?" A male voice asked over the phone.

"This is." I replied nervously.

Waiting for their reply I grabbed my coat and car keys. I didn't have a good feeling about this.

"Your wife and daughter were in an accident." They said.

"What happened?" I asked not being able at form any other words, and I headed out the door.

"A drunk driver ran into the side of your wife's car, both your wife and daughter are currently being treated." They replied, and my heart sunk, I had no idea how bad the damage is.

"I'll be right there." I said, before hanging up the phone and rushing to my car.
...
"Can I help you, are you looking for someone?" A lady at the front desk asked as I entered the hospital looking frantic.

"Aria and Daisy Fitz." I told the lady, walking towards the desk.

The lady nodded, and typed something on her computer.

"So you must be Ezra Fitz?" She asked, looking up at me.

I nodded not entirely knowing what to say. I just wanted to make sure my wife and child were okay.

"Daisy is on floor two in the children's ward, and Aria is in the ICU on floor 3. At this moment it says both of them are allowed visitors." The lady informed, indicating towards the elevators just down the hallway.

"Oh and if you need anything my names Annie. You just seem a bit frantic." The lady added, with a smile.

I thanked her before heading towards the elevator deciding to go see Daisy first, and then make my way up to floor 3 to see Aria.

(End of flashback)

Aria's POV

The annoying beeping of the heart monitor, and the commotion of doctors and nurses talking that's all I've really been hearing these past days.

The accident happened 4 days ago, and according to the doctors I was recovering faster than expected. Everyday I was told by the doctor that I was lucky with how well I was doing.

(Flashback)

I woke up to the blinding bright light, and beeping heart machine. Immediately being met with that clean hospital smell. I've always hated hospitals.

I looked next to me to see a nurse looking down at her clipboard clearly not noticing I was awake.

"What happened?" I asked mumbling. Trying to sit up I was met with the throbbing of my head.

The nurse looked at me startled.

"Mrs. Fitz your awake. How are you feeling?" The nurse asked me, pressing a button which was probably going to call a doctor.

"Well my head hurts but other than that pretty good." I answered.

"Do you remember what happened?" The nurse asked me.

"I remember getting in my car and driving to the store. Everything after that is a blur." I explained.

"Well as you were driving a drunk driver ran into the side of your car. Luckily it was the passenger side so it wasn't too bad. But upon inpact you hit your head pretty hard causing a minor brain bleed. But with a minor surgery everything seems to be looking good. Well along with some bruises of course." The nurse informed me.

"My daughter?" I asked panicking a little bit.

"No need to worry. Last time I checked she was fine with just a broken arm, and some cuts and bruises. I also believe your husband is upstairs in the children's ward with her." The nurse assured me.

(End of flashback)

I was currently waiting for Ezra to come with Daisy. Daisy was discharged a day after the accident, but they wanted to keep an eye on me for a few more days.

"Mommy!" The voice of my three year old daughter shouted bringing me from my thoughts.

Daisy let go of Ezra's hand and ran over to the bed, before carefully coming to sit next to me.

" I missed you baby." I said, hugging Daisy.

"Mommy look, Auntie Hanna, Spencer, Emily, and Auntie Alison signed my cast!" She said excitedly showing me her hot pink cast.

"Well isn't that cool." I said, trying to sound interested. Daisy was incredibly smart, but was fascinated by the tiniest things.

"Mommy, when are you coming home?" Daisy asked, looking up at me.

"She misses you. A lot." Ezra commented from the chair next to my bed.

"Soon, I promise." I told her. Daisy nodded before becoming distracted with her stuffed animal.
...

A few hours later I found myself curled up into Ezra's side. Daisy sleeping on the other side of me.

"Oh, sorry to interrupt. But I have some good news." The doctor announced coming into the room.

"It's fine. What is it?" I asked.

"Well I'm happy to announce that you can be discharged tomorrow." The doctor said, before leaving the room.

"You should probably take her home." I told Ezra, gesturing to the sleeping Daisy.

He nodded, before kissing me.

"I'll see you tomorrow. I love you." Ezra said, as he gathered a sleeping Daisy in his arms.

"Love you too." I smiled, as he left.

It would take more than just a car crash to tear our perfect little family apart.

What did you think? I actually wrote this twice because I didn't like how the first one turned out so hopefully it's good. Let me know In the comments. I tried to do the same style as last chapter since I got a lot of good feedback. Don't forget to Leave a vote and a comment. Love you,
Julie