Intro

My day absolutely sucked. I had four exams today. Four! That's not even the worst part, which the thought of makes me feel sick. I was just having a pretty decent conversation with my friend Austin, when she came up to me. Marina Klaus was the dead girl. The one with the greasy hair, the too pale skin, and the gross bangs under her eyes. Which was kind of exaggerating it, because the girl wasn't hideous. Not at all, actually. She had big, dark brown eyes, and red lips. Her skin was pale, but her cheeks were always flushed naturally. She had long dark eyelashes, and long, thick blonde hair.

And no, this was absolutely not me crushing on her. Again, dead girl. As in vampyre. The sapphire coloured crescent moon on her forehead only confirmed that. It highlighted her face, giving her a deep glow. It's blue lines wrapped around her eyes like a cage. Austin pointed out that she was walking towards me, and I had initially intended to subtly get the hell out of the hallway, but as I turned, she clamped her hand around my wrist. Her grip was so tight, my skin blanched white.

I couldn't get away from her as she yanked me around the corner, grabbing the sides of my face roughly. I laughed nervously.

"Hey, I know the ladies love me, but I don't really dig this rough stuff-" She cut me off, interrupting with her own weirdo words.

"Lance McClain!" She cried, her voice shaky and childish. "Night has chosen thee, thy death will be thy birth," It's then I realised that oh my god, dead girl was a tracker. "Night calls to thee: hearken to Her sweet voice." I stood frozen in fear, and mostly denial. Because, no. I was not about to literally die, and be reborn as a vampyre. I couldn't pull away, even with as much as I wanted to. My eyes were locked onto the very core of her mark, the crescent, which seemed to be glowing in power. She dropped her hands from my face.

"Your destiny awaits you at the House of the Night!" She lifted a gloved finger, and pointed to my forhead. I felt a white hot pain, and then nothing.