Chapter IV

CHAPTER IV:

Xander didn't stop running. He was sure he'd ran for 4 hours before he fell down and vomited. He stood up, he was still in a forest. He saw nothing. He'd escaped. Was the thing even after him? Xander was lost. Was he ever even found? He heard a sound. He turned his head around. Nothing. 'Was it just my imagination?' he thought,'Am I going insane?' . Then he noticed it. Eyes. Two of them. Staring him down. Glowing orange. Xander looked closer. He caught a glimpse of a face of a cat. It showed itself. If approached Xander, it's eyes now seemed robot-like. The cats eyes glazed over and then went normal again. Then it turned around and took off. Did it scan him? Xander chased after it. The cat was fast, however, Xander had to keep dodging tree branches to keep up. When Xander was nearly out of breath it stopped near a dirt mound, and looked at him, as if to signify that this was where he needed to be. Xander walked toward the dirt mound, but before he could touch it, a rectangular hole opened up to reveal a set of stairs. The ceiling of the stairs was too low to show what was at the bottom, but Xander trusted his guy and walked down. When he got down the stairs, he noticed another door, this one metal, and this time, two men stood on either side of it. "He-" Xander tried to say' but before he could finish, one of the men said, "Name!" Xander, confused responded' "Xander," The man wasn't done, he then shouted' "Type!" Type? What did that mean? Did he mean like what cult? Xander then responded' "Uh, runner," The man have him a suspicious glance that made Xander uncomfortable. "Oh," the other man said, "I know who this is," Xander was now frightened. How come everyone knew who he was? "Follow me," the man said. Xander was reluctant to follow, but did anyways.