injury prone and waiting

song: boys- charli xcx

as soon as i started running to get the ball, i screwed up. big time.

the impact of the opposing players cleat pressed into my knee made me fall to the ground in immediate pain. and i was going to be out of a long time.

"so we have your x-ray results right here." the doctor greeted as she walked into the room.

"is it really bad?" i asked not wanting to know the results because it was most likely bad news.

"you ended up getting a broken patella and they take around 2 to 6 months to heal depending on how you treat it. also the cleat also cut you real bad so we are going to need to get stitches on that as well." the doctor answered as she began taking our supplies.

"well i guess my season is most likely over." i sighed sitting on the uncomfortable bed while the paper underneath me crinkled every so often.

"we know important you are to your team so we are going to try to help you as much as possible so you can go play your heart out kiddo." the doctor smiled as she was almost ready to begin stitching my knee up.

"i'm willing to be patient enough to get back out as soon as i can." i said wincing in pain as the needle was in my skin.
--
as the bright pink cast was placed on my left leg (not my choice), i decided to keep everyone updated with a quick picture for instagram.

--as the bright pink cast was placed on my left leg (not my choice), i decided to keep everyone updated with a quick picture for instagram

julissa_matthews oops😬 #alreadymissthegame

comments and likes began to flood the picture,  along with wishes of healing soon. but none were form the boys i missed dearly and haven't seen in weeks. a few minutes later my familiar ring tone filled the room.

"what the hell happened?" was mitch marner' greeting to me.

"some girl cleated my knee and broke my patella, i'm out for a while." i stated as i waited to be cleared from the medical room.

"we'll i guess that means you'll get to spend more time with me." i can tell he's smirking over the phone.

"when are you coming back?" i asked.

"tomorrow night. we also need a ride to our place and you can stay the night, but you need to talk to auston." he answered as i sighed loudly.

"i'll pick you up at the airport text me the details. i'll also talk to auston if he doesn't want to ignore me anymore." i state.

"he misses you so much, don't worry he'll talk to you. go get some rest okay? i gotta go." mitch said.

"alright, once i get my crutches i'm heading to my dorm." i claim.