Chapter 3

I woke up and sat up quickly. Was last night a dream? I sighed and got up. I put on a short, flowy, flowery Bethany Mota summer dress with brown lace-up boots. I walked over to my bathroom, let down my hair from my messy bun, and lightly curled my hair. Then, the burning hot curling wand came in contact with my shoulder and burned my shoulder. I winced at the pain. I screamed. I put cold water over it and put some cremé on the burn. After it felt a bit better, I continued and put on some make-up. black eyeliner, black mascara, and light pink, sparkly eyeshadow. I put on light pink blush and light pink lip gloss. I put on my purfumé and looked in the mirror. I looked alright. Eh. It'll do. I walked out, grabbed my bags, phone, ear buds, and keys. It took about 5 minutes to wait for Jaylinn to finish up getting ready. After she was done, we got into my car and drove to Starbucks. We do this every morning. Jaylinn blasted out Ed Sheeran's new song 'Sing'. I love that song! Jay and I sang the lyrics at the top of our lungs. Jaylinn hates EDM so we had to listen to her music. It's a good thing I'm very open with my music.

  We arrived at Starbucks. I waited on line forever to order. While I waited, I got on my phone and went onto Twitter. My eyes widen of what I saw. My favorite EDM djs are coming to San Diego! I nearly squealed. I started jumping around. Everyone was staring at me, so I stopped. I clicked the links to get the tickets. It was a black light party too! Oh my god! I clicked 'purchase tickets' and bought my tickets. It was only $129 for the front row. "I got them," I squeaked. "Jay, I got them!"

   "Got what?" she asked raising an eyebrow.

   "Tickets to the EDM event!"

   "Oh god. Please don't take me." She groaned. I laughed.

   "I wasn't planning on it." I giggled. I finally got to order. I ordered a Double Chocolaty Chip Frappachino and a blueberry muffin. My usual breakfast. I waited for Jaylinn to order. I turned around to get a straw and bumped into someone. That someone was the snotty popular girl at my school, Rynn. "Watch where you're going skank." she snapped. She walked away and I flipped her off. Her blonde curls bounced when she walked. Ugh, she was so mean. "What happened?" Jay laughed at my angry emotion. I groaned.

   "The bitch called me a skank."

   "Yeah, she should be the one talking about people being skanks." Jay sarcastically said. We both laughed and headed to the car. We drove to school and blasted out Stay High (Tove Lo Flip) by Hippie Sabotage. I started to sing. For real this time. Jaylinn sang along.

   We arrived to the school. We closed the car doors and walked in the school. "Get luck at the game tonight Skai!" a guy yelled.

   "Thanks." I smiled. The nerves took over me. This was the game. The game! If we won this game, we go to state. Also, the game is a home game! Everyone I know is going to watch me fail! Ugh. Why? "Psst Skai!" Jay whispered. I looked at her and raised an eyebrow. "Have you seen the new kid?" I shook my head. She gasped.

   "What? I haven't!" I whined. She gasped again.

   "How? He's like, the tallest guy here, and he's.really, and I mean really hot!" I laughed. I shrugged my shoulders and the bell rang for 1st period. English. I loved the subject. I just didn't like the teacher. I sat in my desk next to a quiet girl and the class clown. The guy is funny as hell. The next thing you know, Rynn walks into the class laughing. Oh god. Her laugh is so annoying. The door closed as the teacher walked in. "Okay class! We're doing a project on your hero." Ms. Foster said. "A person who saved you life, who helped you go through the toughest times in life. Now you have a month or so to complete this. Then, you have to present it." Everyone groaned.

   "We all know that Skai's hero is her vibrator!" Rynn laughed. The whole class started laughing. That bitch! One: I don't have a hero and Two: I don't own a fucking vibrator! I hid my head in my arms and groaned. "Oh don't be silly Rynn," a guy chuckled. "that's also her husband!" Laughter filled the room. Tears filled my eyes. I got up and left the room. I ran down the hall and ran into a guy. I've never seen this guy before.

-----Flashback-----

   "Have you seen the new guy?" Jay asked.

   "He's really, and I mean really hot!"

-----Flashback Ends-----

   "Oh, I'm sorry." he said. It's him! The new kid! His eyes were so blue. They're like the sky! He was extremely tall. He had his blonde hair in a quiff. He wore a Green Day shirt, black skinny jeans and black vans. Man, he was cute. "Oh, no it's fine." I said wiping tears from my eyes. Oh shit! I forgot I was crying!

   "Hey, what's worng?" he asked helping me up.

   "Nothing. Just, this girl is being, well, a bitch." I mumbled.

   "Oh, I'm sorry. My name is Luke." he said quietly.

   "I'm Skai." I smiled. He gasped.

   "You're the girl that is the captain of the soccer team?! #17?" he asked.

   "Yeah," I said awkwardly. "why? How did you know?"

   "Everyone's talking about the big game today and they're saying things like 'Skai will take this team to state!' and stuff like that. I haven't seen you play but, you seem like you're really good."

   What? People saying that about me? That's a first, again. "Oh, um, yeah. Listen I got to go. Nice meeting you. Bye!" I said running to the bathroom. Was I in love?

----------------

Thanks for reading! Love ya guys so much!! I'll update ASAP!!! xoxo

- Lacey