Chapter thirteen

Monday came Around and I strolled inside the hell hole, dreading the 8 hours before me. To know that Adrian's won't be waiting for me by my chair or making sure I got to class safely was depressing. At first I could go on and on about how annoying that was to me, but now I can't help but miss it. I guess you never really appreciate something until it's gone and if that was the case I should really start showing more appreciation. You can tell people at school knew what happen to Adrian because there was barely any chatter. 3 years ago a kid who went to this school committed suicide and everyone did exactly what their doing now. Acting like they cared. They acted as if it was such a significant loss when they were the ones themselves who caused the kid to drive himself to suicide. But I guess that's what people do, at like they care. I'm starting to realize just how much people do that in my life. My parents, people in school, grandma. I mean would it really hurt you to tell the truth? Walking back home from school, I find myself walking through a dark secluded area. Not knowing where I was, I start to look around to see if I notice anything that may point be in the right direction, but nothing. This is just what I needed. The icing on the cake. I look down at my phone to see it's on 3 percent before deciding to use it on one last call. We Aren't really on good terms but I find myself tapping my grandmas contact. She picks up on the third ring. "Hello" she says, her voice sounding raspy, almost like she woke up. " hey sorry, but I got lost walking home could you come pick me up please?" I ask with my sweetest voice. Before I could hear her answer my phones shuts down leaving me in the darkness again. I try to turn it on again but it's dead. Just great. I walk all the way out the alleyway, to at least find some place to stay while my grandma finds me, but I'm meet with headlights and a voice that sounds awfully familiar. "Amy, what are you doing here?" I turn around and see a man getting out of his car before he steps into the light. John.