Chapter ffteen

I find myself walking the same road my grandma and I walked yesterday, except this time with a different purpose. Before I left my grandma did something she had never done in the seven years I've lived with her and that's question me. She asked me where I was going?then how long will I be gone? and why I was going there?I guess the news have got to her or something. I lied anyways and said I was going to the Library to study for a test they were going to give us as soon as we came back to school. I mean I wasn't exactly lying, we are receiving a test as soon as we get back but it's over something I already know and studied for.  I see the sign come into my vision as I walk to the side of it and into its path. It doesn't take me long before I reach various amounts of police duct tape covering the entrance. I move them aside before stepping foot into the premises. No alarms, police, or dead bodies. So far so good. I continue to walk before reaching the actual lake itself. It was pitch black with bits of algae here and there. It looked a bit shallow towards the shore but you could tell that as you swam deeper, it got to its deepest length. Now I see why people don't swim here, it's beyond scary. The water was very still and calm which for some reason scared me even more but I ignored it and started pulling my shirt over my body. I know I said I wouldn't swim but one dip won't hurt. With that thought I removed my shoes and my pants slowly follow until I'm left in only my underwear. I cautiously step into the water before taking another and another. The water is cold and refreshing and as I reach the spot where the water reached my shoulders, I stop. I just lay my head back and relax, not knowing how someone could possibly drown in here. I close my eyes and listen around me. Everything is dead silent, too silent. Deciding I wanted to get out I started to trudge to the shore, but I didn't make it far as a slimy hand gripped my ankle and dragged me down, taking me deeper and deeper under the water.