Chapter 1 (My First Day)

Hi, my name is Jessica. Jess for short. I am 19 years old and I'm just your average typical teenager. I grew up in LA, California with my older sister and my parents. I have long, brown hair which really brings out my blue eyes, if i had to pick my best feature I would defiantly choose my eyes.

I recently moved to Melbourne with my family to start a new life and move on from the past. Today I'm starting at my new school, Penola. I'm really nervous because I don't know what to expect;lots of questions keep going through my head. Will everyone hate me? Will people judge me? What if everyone finds out about my past? Will I fit in? I was distracted by my thoughts when my sister Maisie came into my room shouting 

"Hurry the fuck up, I don't want to be late on my first day!"

I simply rolled my eyes at her before shouting 

"Piss off, I've only just woken up".

She scoffed before storming out of my room.

Sometimes I really hated my sister but sometimes I really loved having her as my sister. My sister had extremely curly blonde with sparkling blue eyes. I was really jealous of my sister because she always got the boys she wanted but no-one could blame her with her olive skin tone. My sister was one year older than me which meant always getting the privellage of bossing me around and getting more things than I do but that doesn't bother me.

I quickly got into the shower letting the hot water run along my body. I washed my hair the night before so I didn't have to worry about it today. I put on my foundation, filled in my eyebrows, put on some mascara and a matt rose lipstick. I straightened my hair and decided to leave it out. Next, I got into my uniform and made sure to flatten any creases, I sprayed some of my hollister perfume before grabbing my bag and heading downstairs.

"Good morning sweetie, are you excited about your first day?"

My mum asked while drinking her coffee.

"Morning mom, and not really i'm kind of nervous"

I replied fidgeting with my fingers.

"Don't worry jess, you'll be fine. You'll have your sister there to keep you company"

She said while coming over to hug me.

I grabbed my bag and made my way to the car. My sister was anxiously waiting for me, tapping her fingers on the steering wheel. I opened the car door and put my seatbelt on, then off we were to school. On the way there Maisie kept glaring at me and sighing before she finally spoke up.

"Sooo, are you nervous?"

She asked being genuinely nice for once.

"Yeah kind of but I'm sure I'll get over it once I've settled"

Maisie gave me a nod to let me know she heard then reverted her gaze to the road.
________________________________________________________________________

Once we were there, Maisie hurried off ahead of me to a bunch of girls who all looked at me as if I were a ghost. I carried on walking towards the school office when I accidentally bumped into a figure.

"I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going"

I said quietly but loud enough for this person to hear.

I looked up to see a very tall girl with a small frame. She had red curly locks that complimented her fairly tanned skin which also brought out her crystal blue eyes. She had on an average length skirt with grey over the knee socks. She seemed quite nice to be fair.

"No, I'm sorry it's my fault. My names Amelia, I'm guessing your new here?"

She beamed in a strong Aussie accent.