Prologue

A/N: PLEASE READ AT YOUR OWN RISK THIS STORY TALKS ABOUT DEPRESSION, SELF HARM, EATING DISORDER, AND A FEW OTHER THINGS IT COULD BE A TRIGGER SO READ CAREFULLY 

The big bully tries to stick his finger in my chest. Try to tell me that he's the best. But I don't really give a good goddamn cause: I got my lunchbox and I'm armed real well.....I got my lunchbox and I'm armed real well....

The lyrics played through Johannes's headphones, distracting him from the sounds of clattering desks and the chatting of all the students. Well, actually the music only served as a less anxiety-inducing background noise, so he couldn't hear anyone if they were talking about him. At least, hopefully not hear the words they said. He knew better than to turn the music all the way up and become invested in it, he would have his phone and headphones stolen from him faster than he could blink.

He glanced around, seeing several students staring back at him and whispering to each other. Johannes knew they were talking about him, everyone did. He was the outcast, the kid who always wears black and always has on a hoodie with the hood up, the kid who always sits in the back of the classroom and listens to music.

He didn't dare look directly at anyone, as that seemed to incite rage and get him beaten. He couldn't turn off his music, then he would hear all the vicious rumors about him. So, he settles with just looking through his playlists, glancing up every now and again like a paranoid cat.

He saw all the stares burning into him, but he didn't move from his seat. Why did I pick the very back corner to sit?! Johannes cursed himself. If anyone came up to him again, he was definitely fucked. If only I had the power to turn invisible, Johannes thought.

He accidentally became distracted; he let his guard down for a moment, so when he looked up again, one of the kids was sitting right there beside him. Johannes instantly hid his phone and headphones.

"Whatcha doin there, vampire?" The kid said, a smug look across his face. Johannes didn't look up, nor speak. Maybe this was one of the extremely rare times he has someone else to pick on-

"I asked you a question Vampire, I expect an answer," he said, scooting closer. Johannes scooted his desk as far back as he could, but it went into the corner.

Now, there was no escape.

"Answer me vampire!!"

"I-I am not a vampire!"

"Oh yes you are, and I can prove it!!" The boy suddenly forced Johannes to stand, and Johannes immediately knew what would happen. He had about 5 seconds before the blinds opened, so he struggled with all his might against the jock that had him in a choke hold, but to no avail. The jock smirked evilly as he shoved Johannes down, then used his moment of disorientation to open the blinds at the window, letting the sun shine brightly into the classroom.

Instantly, Johannes let out a scream of pain as his arm very quickly sizzled and burned. He tried to run, but was held in place.

"See?! You burn in the sun! You're a fucking vampire!!"

"NO I AM NOT!!" Johannes screamed and clawed down the boy's face, managing to hit his eyes and finally making the boy drop him. Johannes instantly scurried away from the sun and snatched his hoodie, putting it on so fast all that's seen is a black blur, then he pulls the hood over his face, relishing in the sanctuary of the darkness and peace, knowing it won't last long.

After just a few seconds, Johannes was pinned to the ground and punched repeatedly in the face, neck, chest, and stomach. No one bothered to help, they were too busy recording the scene of the popular kid beating up the outcast.

Johannes tried to cover his face, but his arms were burned so bad there was no point. He knew the video would be online within minutes, but that was no longer concerning to him. After all, there have been worse things floating around about him, like the many upon many about his skin condition. He should've known explaining his condition was a very bad idea, especially since rumors can twist and turn and become so distorted. All they heard was 'skin condition' and as it spread, the truth became twisted around and turned severe Photodermatitis into Psoriasis, Eczema, hives, any and everything but the truth.

And besides, there's already tons of videos of me being beaten, this is probably the least brutal one so far, Johannes thought, before the sweet relief of unconsciousness washed over him.