1

The sound of thunder echoed throughout the empty school hallways and lighting crashed against the shadows. 

Seven students sat on the classroom floor arranged in a circle as they listened to their ashen haired friend speak.

"It was a rainy evening after school," Shinoa began her infamous devilish smirk set on her peach lips, "just like this one.." 

The girl bit back a laugh as she watched Yoichi cower into his pink haired companion- Kimizuki. He was too easy to scare. 

"Running down the stairs, the kindly teacher lost her footing. She tumbled, and she fell and she died." 

Shinoa lifted her hands to her chest and feigned sorrow. Lighting crashed against the window light filling the room abruptly before disappearing completely. Yoichi whimpered into Kimizuki's shirt - who had half the mind to just leave the others and take the brunette home. But whenever he asked, the latter only gave him a small smile and told him he'd be alright.

"...You've all heard the stories, no? Before Kisaragi Academy was built here, there was another school on this property..." The purpled haired girl spoke quietly, a teasing smirk graced her features, while, a raven haired boy - Yuichiro Amane - scoffed and rolled his eyes, muttering something sarcastic to the blonde boy who sat next to him - Mikaela Shindo - who in turn giggled before playfully smacking him on the shoulder.

Shinoa, however, ignored their antics and continued with her "spooky" story. 

"Seraph host elementary school, it was called." 

"PFF! What kinda name is that?" Yuu interrupted, laughing loudly, a large grin spread across his face.

 But when he turned to Shinoa, he stiffened imminently as he saw the horrifying glare in Shinoa's brownish-red eyes. 

"S-sorry, please continue" Yuichiro stuttered, looking away from the ashen girl's intense stare. Kimizuki and Narumi snicked amused, at his misfortune, while Mikaela offered him a sympathetic smile but he could tell that Mikaela was trying not to giggle.

'Shinoa's scarier than this damn story!' 

he thought to himself, slightly shuddering. 

The lavender haired girl paused in thought before continuing and laughed menacingly.

"Such a horrible thing to happen..." She paused to sigh in fake anguish once again, building back up the act she had before. "The principal was completely devastated."

"He cared for the school almost as if it were his own child, you see." 

Yoichi frowned and looked at the ground in thought but didn't move from his place in between Kimizuki's crossed legs. Nobody would be surprised if he felt bad for the principal, the boy was very compassionate and caring after all.

"But one thing led to another after the incident and ultimately, a decision was reached. The school was to be shut down." She briefly paused to think about her next words, before looking around the circle and continuing. 

"The principal was so stricken with grief over losing his precious child that the day of its closure..he climbed up to its roof and threw himself to his death. Or so the story goes..." 

Mikaela quietly gasped, suicide was a touchy subject for him. But only Yuichiro knew why. Yuu glanced at his blonde friend concerned, and wrapped an arm around his waist, pulling him in closer, before sneering at Shinoa who still paid him no mind.

Mikaela blushed and leaned into Yuichiro. 

Satisfied with the results of her story, Shinoa smirked and resumed her story, deciding that it was almost time to wrap things up.