Jayla

Cj and her mom were in their kitchen. Cj had just finished her 4th year and were making a cake for Gary's 45 birthday.

"Cadie. Could you start the strawberry frosting. The jelly is in the fridge and the strawberry extract is in the spice cabinet." Jayla said.

Cj smiled and grabbed a bowl, sugar, milk and the jelly.

There was a soft knock on the apartment door and both of the women were confused.

"Stay here I'll get it." Jayla said. Cj continued to make her dad's favorite frosting.

Jayla made her way to the door and looked through the peephole. A masked man was there, his mask silvery in the shape of his skull.

"Cadence, hide!" Jayla yelled. The door blasted off.

Cj ducked up the counter and shut herself in a cabinet.

Jayla backed up as the death eater pressed his wand to her neck.

"Jayla, daughter of the house of Graines?" The daughter said.

"And proud wife to Gary and mother of her half blooded daughter Cadence." Jayla shot back.

The death eater shot the cruiotius curse and Jayla screamed in pain. Cj stayed silent as tears streamed from her eyes. She was no stranger to what the death eaters were doing. Some of the people at school would tell her how her blood traitor mother was as bad as a mud blood.

"Give your allegiance to the dark lord." The death eater said.

"Never." Jayla said as she spat in his face.

The killing curse shot and the blast shined green through the whole house. Cj could see the bright green through the cracks in between the two doors of the cabinet.

The apartment was silent after that, until the death eater started smashing windows. He made his way to the kitchen. Cj stayed perfectly still, fear was shaking through her body.

The death eater threw the bowls of cake mix, frosting, and smashed the jar of jam on the cabinet door.

The death eater made their way through the house, ripping, smashing, breaking everything he came in contact with. When he left Cj stayed in the cabinet. 20 minutes passed before she shifted. She made her way to the fireplace, going to the only place she could think of.

"Potter Manor." She said, her voice scaring her, the last vision she had was her mom lying face up on the floor.

When the fire burned down she was in the potter manor and she fell out of the fireplace hitting the floor. In the living room was Mrs.Potter who rushed over.

"Sweetie you look terrible what's wrong?" She gushed over Cj who was still crying. "Fleamont!" She yelled.

"Death eaters." Cj sobbed. "My mom. They killed her. I didn't know where to go."

Mrs.Potter wrapped her arms around Cj.

Me.Potter ran into the room, he looked as his wife and she looked back.

"Contact the ministry, there's been another death eater murder." She said.

He nodded and left the room. James popped his head in, confused to see Cj and her mom together.

"James, do you know this girl?" His mother asked him.

He nodded. Having over heard what happened.

******

Gary and Cj were in the apartment. He had gotten time off work. The muggle neighbors had their memories obviated, and the damage was all repaired. The potters made them a couple of dinners but things were quiet and still around their apartment. Cj left went for a walk.

While walking down the road to started to get angry. Rain started pouring down hard, out of nowhere, but Cj just assumed she made the storm.

Then Cj screamed.

She screamed loudly and for a long time. A boy her age stopped, he was waking back to the apartment building and lived in the same building as her. She remembered him when he was obligated.

"Need to scream?" He asked Cj.

"Yeah, yeah I do." Cj said.

He motioned for her to follow him and they made their way to a covered alley.

"I'm Jake. I live bellow you." He said, offering Cj a cigarette.

Cj took the cigarette hesitatingly but put the end of it against her lip. Jake lit the end and she filled her lungs, holding back the coughs she had.

"I'm Cj." Cj answered blowing out the smoke.

"You're very beautiful, I've been admiring you for a couple years." He said.

Cj smirked. She was feeling dangerous, and was so sick of holding back.

"Why don't you do something about it?" She raised an eyebrow and licked her lip.

Jake pressed her against the wall of the alley and kissed her. Her hands reached into his hair, the cigarette in between her fingers carefully to not burn Jake.

He was why she started smoking cigarettes. He was her first love. He was older, a student living in an apartment. She stayed with him until the end of the summer. Then he moved to go to another school, but he promised to write Cj. Until one day Cj wrote him back that she had met an amazing man. He was disappointed, or course, but happy for her. When she had her first girl, she had gone to visit him, he was married and expecting a boy.

When Jake's boy turned 11 he got a letter in the mail. While Jake waited in the platform for his son to take off in the train he couldn't believe his eyes when he saw Cj and her husband.

Of course Cj explained everything to him, the war, the secrecy, and other things. His wife and him were introduced to the remaining friends and would join them every so often.

Unfortunately in Jake's son's 5th year Jake and his wife "disappeared". It was a sad time for the Punks and Marauders, who adopted Jake's son,  Lucas, but all made it through.