Chapter 4 : New member

I walk out from the classroom, heading to the cafeteria. "Y/N!!!" Daniel and the others screams while running to me. I'm shocked by the scene and run away from them until I accidentally bump into someone.

I look at the floor and the stuffs in the person's pencil case are scattering. I quickly reach out to help the person. I stop as I saw the person much closer. It's him, Bae Jinyoung.

I look at him more closely. He then turns to face me, making our distance shortens. I can't help but gaze into his deep eyes for a long time.

"Thank you, Y/N" He quietly mumbles.

I can feel my face redden. I take a few steps behind, distancing myself from him. He's really quiet tbh. From the first time I saw him until now, I can count how many words have he spoke.

"Y/N!!" Jaehwan clings to my neck, choking me a bit. I quickly hit his evil hands, begging to let me free.

"Hehehe.. But who's that?" He asks while pointing at Jinyoung.

"Ah.. He is Bae Jinyoung. New classmates." Guanlin interrupts, using his swaggy style.

"Jinyoung~ your face so small. So cute." Jaehwan pinched the small boy cheeks, making the boy squirms uncomfortably.

"Yah! Yah! Stop! He will get pimples if you touch him more. I heard that it have been long time you haven't wash your hand." Minhyun scolds Jaehwan and brings Jinyoung near him.

"Would you like to join us? As school most crazy group, WannaOne?" Minhyun asks the boy.

I flinched as I heard that. That silent boy, joining WannaOne? Wow, if he said yes, I would...

Jinyoung nods with small smiles planted in his face. I leave my mouth hanging, shocked.

"Wait! Wait! But he's too quiet. Don't you think..." I try to speak out but the boys leaving me behind, entering the cafeteria. I don't know how the boy would survive there.

×××

"Y/N, eat up. You need to grow taller." Seongwoo gives me a lot of chicken nuggets.

I eat it happily. "But you cannot beat me, 40 inches long legs~" Guanlin brags.

I fold a few ssam and shove it into his mouth to stop him from bragging more. He chokes on the food and gulps a glass of water.

"Both of you really ughh.. I don't know what to say anymore." Jisung complains.

I chuckle and do some aegyo to make his face smile. He giggles happily while shoving two pieces of meat into my mouth.

I munch on the food with happy face, making all of them laughs except for one person. Bae Jinyoung. He just smiles and keep eating his red bean bun. He's unique, different from these boys.

"Jinyoung-ah, say ahhh." Jihoon holds a spoon of his bibimbap, tending to give it to Jinyoung.

I can see that Jinyoung hesitates at first but he opens his mouth instead. Jihoon brushes the boy's hair while he's eating. They're like brothers that are separated for a long time. (Winkdeep 😍)

×××××

Literature class with Mr Hoseok. I really hate this class as it's boring but I have to concentrate. But if I sleep in his class, I'll get detention right away.

"Class, today I want all of you to write a poem in a group of two. You can choose your own partner. Ready, start!" He suddenly blows his whistle that is from nowhere.

I don't know should I pair up with Jinyoung or other students. I just sit on my seat, waiting for someone to ask me as his or her partner. There's many girls surrounding my place and Jinyoung, but no doubt, all of them want to pair up with him not me. Advantage of being handsome, right?

"Jinyoung-ah, would you like to be my partner?"
"I'm not really good in poetry, can you help me Jinyoung?"
"You will not regret if you pair up with me."

I chuckle over all of their pleadings, just to be with Jinyoung. I stand up, searching for my partner. But someone stops me. I turn around to see what stops me. Jinyoung is grabbing my hand while writing something on my palm using his finger.

"Can I... be your... partner?" I read the words carefully. I glance at the girls. All of them show a disappointed face when they saw Jinyoung held my hand.

I return back to my seat, same as the girls. I look all over his face. "I... I'll be your partner. Thank you, Jinyoung-ah." I tell him, shyly.

He answers me with his cute smile that could make anyone who see it blushed.(Like me 😳) I never thought someone quiet like him finally make move to change, maybe.

2 B CONTINUED

Sorry I forgot to update this chapter yesterday. More chapters will update soon. 기달요~ ;)