Chapter 7 : Empty Without You

I walk along the corridor with Guanlin to meet the Wannaone members. There are all of them including Bae Jinyoung. When he saw me, he quickly changes his gaze. Not onto mine. I'm in my world, thinking what happened to him.

"Y/N~!" Jaehwan uses his falsetto to call me. I snap out of my thoughts and look at him.

"What are you thinking? Looking kinda serious.." He nudges me, telling me. I just shake my head fake smiling.

"Oh! What happened to your knee?!" Woojin asks as soon as he sees the bandages on my knee.

"Ahaha.. Nothing. It's just.." I want to hide it but Guanlin tells them the truth. "She scrapped her knee just because she wanted to chase someone... To speak the truth to him."

I can sense that Guanlin speaks out sternly while looking at Jinyoung who is gazing into my eyes deeply. After a few seconds, Jinyoung walks away with Daehwi, leaving all of us heading to the classroom. A lump of guilt surrounds me.

×××

In the class, although he's really quiet but I know that he feels slightly angry at me for not telling the truth.

Second period. No teacher. Freedom!

I look at Jinyoung who's doodling something on his notebook. I take a deep breath and try to make up with him. I can't make someone else hurt or then I will be hurt too. I poke his using my pink mechanical pencil.

He ignores at first but walks away somewhere else when I continue to poke him. He's really sensitive. I feel so hurt, how big the problem being just because I didn't tell him the truth. I hide my face on the desk, trying to fight the willing to cry. Unfortunately, my fragile heart already full with guilt. "I'm sorry, Jinyoung-ah..." I mumble.

×××××

I'm dozed off quite a long time as now is recess. I look at my side, he's not even there. He must hate me that much. I don't feel like I want to eat although Guanlin and Daehwi ask me to.

I walk out from the classroom, heading to anywhere my legs bring me. My mind is blank, like soulless person. I don't know why he means so much. I'm not even have feelings for him.

Suddenly, I bump into a gang of girls. Great, it's school director's daughter. Chungha. I apologize and just walk away leisurely. She then drags me until I fell down onto the floor. My knee touches the ground, making it more painful.

"Tsk~ Don't you know how to apologize properly?!" She then tugs on my hair, making me wince in pain.

"Agh!! I already... Apologize.. Don't pull too hard." I speak out to her, properly this time.

"Girls~ Let's do something to this poor girl. Pity her that she don't know who I am." She instructs the group.

I'm being dragged to one of the corridor, pinned down on the wall roughly. I try to get out from their grip but I can't. "Get ready with the camera.." She said to her girls.

She then rips off my uniform, making all the buttons fall off. I cried out for help but no one is there. One of her girls switches on the camera and recording me.

"Kneels down and tells the camera that you are a poor girl who wants attention." She pulls me to make me kneel down but I insist. God, please someone help me.

"What are you doing..?" It's Jinyoung voice. I look at him with teary eyes. I run and hide behind him, hugging him in fear.

He then holds my hands, keeping me behind him. "Don't touch her anymore! Or then I will bring all my members!" He shouts. For the first time ever, I heard him shouting manly like this.

The girls seem shivered and quickly leave both of us. He takes off his uniform coats and put in on my small body. My face turns as red as red velvet cake.

"Take the coat first... Tomorrow give me back." He says while walking away.

I try to chase him but the pain on my knee becomes more terrible. I whined kinda loud, making him turns to face me. He runs towards me, kneeling over to see my knee.

"Are you... Chasing me yesterday..?" He asks. I shyly nod, mumble 'I'm sorry' slowly.

He then kneels down in front of me. "Get on.. Let's go to infirmary"

I get on to his back as I trust his words. But why you be so kind to me, Bae Jinyoung..

T B C