1

"Wake up!" My dad said as he turned on my light.
"You don't want to be late for the first day of school."
I dragged myself out of bed and got in the shower.
Obviously, i knew my dad was gonna wake me, he's the only one that took care of me since Mom left us when I was 3 years old.
I walked into the kitchen and there was breakfast waiting for me on the table.
"Dad... thanks for the breakfast and all.. but... isn't this too much?" I said smiling.
My dad smiled.
"I just thought... since it's your last year of school.. I thought I would cook you something since you won't be here next year.."
I saw the disappointment in his eyes.
It's true I won't be here next year... since I'll be moving out and going with my best friend Marie to New York.
My dad snickered.
"Alright, eat up.. I'll be waiting for you in the car max."
I smiled at my dad, I'm glad he was my dad, sure he was in the military and was sometimes rough with me like doing push-ups or sit ups when I declined to do the chores, but I still love him.

I ate up the breakfast that he'd given me and got dressed quickly and grabbed my bag. It was gonna be a long school year.

"So the rules still apply about boys at your school." My dad seriously.
I looked up at my dad.
"Dad, no one is gonna date an emo with glasses." I said disappointed.
"Who says you're emo?" My dad said.
We both stayed silent.
We made it to school and I looked at my dad.
"You are okay... right dad?" I asked.
"Yeah yeah... I'm fine.., just have fun at school." He said.
I nodded and got out of the car.
My friend Marie was waiting for me.
"Hey! What up girl!" She said excitedly.
I nodded.
"Can you believe it! Our last year of school! All the things we're gonna do!" She said happily.
I smiled, I never seen her this happy before.
"C'mon Marie, we're just 12th graders, makes no difference like all these other years." I said.
"Yeah but..." Marie said quietly.
"Let's just get to class." I said.

We both walked to First period together, it turns out Marie and I have all classes together.
We sat down at our desks, we were allowed to sit wherever we want, so Marie went to sit by her other friend, who was male, which she had a crush on. Honestly I can't control her when it comes to boys and her.
Before class started, there was a new student in our class, Mrs. Axton introduced us to him and told him to sit anywhere he'd like, I knew I should have had someone sit beside me, because that boy sat beside me.
I looked over to him, without fully staring at him, he had blue hair, strong muscles, nothing but black clothes on,
Looked liked the age 20 but actually looked like 17 or 18.
Not bad..
I turned away completely because he turned to see me and he studied me, closely.
I felt like he was staring at me for a long time because my heart started to beat fast and my cheeks began to turn hot.
Dammit!

2nd, 3rd, and 4th was a breeze, but that boy wasn't any of those classes, which was good.
My phone vibrated and it was from dad..
"Hey Max, how's school going?"
"It's going great, thanks for asking."
I put my phone in pocket and it vibrated again.. I checked it again and it was from Marie, luckily my 5th period didn't mind if we used our phones, why couldn't Marie just throw something at me to get my attention?
"Find anyone you like yet?" Marie texted.
I didn't want to tell her about the boy that was in 1st period, so I texted
"Nah, Remember, no boys like me at this school." I texted.
The bell rang for lunch and I got up.
Marie ran towards me and gave me a hug from behind.
I smiled.
"So are you gonna sit with me at lunch?" She asked, eyes sparkling.
Damn those eyes..
I smiled. "Sure why not?"
She got excited and grabbed my arm and ran towards the cafeteria.
We both got lunch and sat at the end of the cafeteria.
As usual, Marie discussed all the anime she watched over the summer and I usually nodded in response, and sometimes she would wave her hand in front of my face just to be sure I'm paying attention.
I looked up and saw that boy again, and this time he saw me stare at him and we both looked at each other.. eye to eye.
Marie kept eating and I kept staring at him, there's no way that boy liked me, no flipping way.

He sat by himself and a group of girls came to talk to him, they all giggled and smiled at them while they giggled.
I started to blush with anger and Marie looked at me.
"Uh... Max?" She said.
I stared at those girls, crowding around him, smiling, giggling at them, It made me want to rip their hea-
Wait a minute.. who would date me?
What the hell was I thinking.
"Max!"
I lost focus on what I was saying.
"hello?... Earth to Max?"
"Hm? What?" I said shaking my head.
"You sorta blanked out."
"O-oh" I said.
"Anyways.. the bell is fixing to ring, next is world history, then it's P.E."
"Right.. course.."
We stood up and walked to 6th period,
Whatever what I was thinking, hopefully got out of my head.

7th period started and my day was going great until I saw him again..
Jeez..
I walked into the girls locker room and got dressed into my clothes for P.E.
I got out and saw that Marie was talking to him.
"Marie!" I yelled from a distance,
Marie turned around and said goodbye to the boy..
"Yeah Max?" Marie asked.
"Nothing, just wanted to see if you were wanting to walk with me to the track?" I said.
Marie nodded happily in response.
Whew..
We walked towards the track and some boy decided to hug Marie from behind.
"Seriously Marie?" I said.
"What?, it never hurts to get a boyfriend at the first day." She said.
I shook my head angrily and walked faster, looking down.
I kept walking,
Of course Marie would get a boyfriend at the first day, but she's my best friend so I can't really say anything.
I kept waking fast until I bumped into someone. They looked behind me and I looked up to which I shouldn't have done.
It was that boy.. Jesus..
"You must be stalking me or something." He said.
I blushed in embarrassment and just nodded nervously.
I stood up and ran back to Marie.
"Hey the bell is about to ring, you just want to go to the locker room?" I asked.
Marie looked confused, but nodded in approval.
The bell rang and everyone ran towards the door, thankfully the day ended and dad was waiting for me.
"Hey Max, how was school?" He asked.
"It was alright." I said smiling.
My dad smiled.
"How's Marie?"
When my dad asks questions, that means he's taking off somewhere.
"Okay dad... what's up?" I asked.
"Well... I have to go somewhere across the country.. and well.. since you're 17..
I was wondering if you could handle yourself for a couple days until I get back."
I smiled.
"Of course dad." I smiled again.
He smiled and nodded.
"Okay.. but there are a few rules.
No parties, you can have friends, but make sure they are not boys."
"Dad my only friend is Marie, no one else."
"Right.. and no boys either." He said in a serious tone.
I nodded and put my hand over my chest.
"No boys."
He smiled again.

He pulled up towards the house.
"I forgot to tell you, I'm leaving in a few hours and I know you don't have your drivers license, so I told the local police and the school not to pull you over and let you park at the school." He said.
I nodded.
"Thanks dad."
He shook his head.
"Well there's dinner at the table, try to eat up, I'll be packing if you need me."

I ate dinner that dad fixed for me and dad came in to say his goodbyes and told me to be careful and gave me a long hug.

I walked towards the couch and started to think about that boy.
Why am I thinking about him? He just moved in.
I got angry at myself and shook my head.
I started to grow tired.
Maybe I'll tell Marie later about it, hopefully she doesn't open her mouth to anyone.
I started to grow even more tired and closed my eyes and fell asleep.