We have certainly not.

It was only for the street lights that I could walk a few blocks without being molested or kidnapped by anyone, even though it was quite dark.

After striding down the sidewalks, with no souls around, just the night breeze, the sound of bats and my footsteps, I came to a sudden halt when I heard another pair of shoes squishing with the sound of someone panting and struggling to catch his breath. I looked into the direction of the sound. I had been frozen in the position where one of my hands were in my pocket and the other hand fumbled while tugging at the strap of my bag. From a couple of feet away I could see a shadow of a man stop just as I did and stand still. Only the panting was heard now. It made me think for a minute then I realised maybe that person is in danger or something or maybe some dog is after him? But I heard no dog bark. Strange.

I cleared my throat.

'Umm..hello? Is everything alright?'
I asked the shadow, because there was no reply.

I attempted once again, taking a few steps further towards the shadow of a complete stranger., 'Hey, do you need some help?'

No answer.

I was then about to take another step when suddenly from somewhere behind me a hand covered my mouth and ceased me from uttering even a single word.

'Mmgf...HELP....mffg...w-hh-o...a..r..e...yyyoouu?..mm' And now, I needed help.
I managed to blurt out words after being physically unable to do so.

Not allowing me to make any movement, a strong and firm arm grabbed me by my stomach and dragged me into an alley.
The shadow went far away and finally out of sight. All my weary eyes could see now, was the dark.

I struggled under the strong grasp for air. Hitting on the arm of the stranger with the help of my hands.

Then a voice spoke into my ear, 'Stop struggling, I'm trying to help you out.'

'B-..u...t-'

'Shushhhh..Listen to me very carefully,' said the voice of a man who sounded somewhat my age. 'DO NOT MAKE ANY SOUND. This area is not safe, so DO NOT even think of running away from me. And I'm just saving you nothi-'

'I don't need saving!' I exclaimed yelling a little, when the grip loosened and I could finally breathe.

'And who are you? Why do you think that I'll trust you?' I turned towards the person, it was dark so I couldn't much see his features.

'Just go away all right. I'm better off myself.' I turned around and was about to walk into the open when the boy with a swift move came and stood before me, blocking my way.

'What the-' a finger on my lip interrupted me from saying anything further.

'Speak softly! They'll hear us.'

'Oh really?' I crossed my arms across my chest.

'Who are they?' I arched an eyebrow.

'They aren't good people. They are mentally sick people searching for girls like you-'

'Excuse me?.'

'- as their victims so that they can do what they want to. Just like what they've done to a few other girls.'

'Oh. Who the hell are they?' I straightened up showing courage to beat the retards from doing anything anyway.

'I wanna see such pieces of crap. Bring them to me.'

'What? Are you crazy?' He chuckled.

'Excuse me. What's crazy in that?' I asked unfolding my hands and moving them in the air.