[5] Saving Darcy

I turned to Natalie.

“I’ve called the authorities. They’re coming ASAP.” I told her and slipped out the gun I sneaked out from the belt of my shorts. Natasha nodded and did the same.

“He’s probably gone to the exits trying to get out of here. It’s either that or the restrooms, somewhere isolated. I’m not risking anymore time given to this guy so we’ve got to split. Go to the exits, I’ll take care of the restrooms.” I ordered and Natasha took off towards the targeted area. I was a higher individual compared to her, so it was normal for her to obey my orders although I do consider her objections if there were any.

Without wasting any more time, I ran off to the nearest toilets. I entered the men’s one, considering it would be a higher chance that it was a man if it was a kidnapper. I pushed the door open slowly, and then entered the restroom with my gun pointing forward, turning at every corner. I kicked open every door of the restroom hoping that the kidnapper would be there and I’d catch him and everything would be done with. No luck.

I went into the ladies’ and did the same. There was nothing. Taking a deep breath; I set off to the other side of the mall, wishing Natasha would’ve caught him by now. If not, we’re seconds closer to losing this girl.

I ran as fast as I could, following the restroom signs. People were staring at me like I was mad, and at this point I really was. If this kidnapper was thinking that he would get away with this, he was wrong.

I heard sirens from a distance getting louder as they approach the building. It was a good thing that the authorities were finally here; it decreases the chance of the escaping of this kidnapper.

Arriving at the other restrooms, I took a deep breath and pushed the door open.

“SHIT!” This guy suddenly cursed and it made me jump.

“Oh crap sorry!” I exclaimed and quickly shielded my eyes from the sight.

I, Julienne Sparrow, just walked in on a guy peeing.

“Um, don’t you want to leave?” He asked sarcastically.

“Sir, I’m trying to catch a kidnapper in action right now so I recommend that you leave.” I distorted, still shielding my eyes.

“What?” This guy asked again, not believing me.

“Sir, I really have no time to waste so I suggest that you leave right now.” I said, uncovering my eyes reluctantly to point the gun at him.

“OH SHIT OKAY, OKAY JUST PLEASE DON’T SHOOT ME!” He screamed and looked like he was going to cry. I fought hard with the urge to laugh.

“Just, leave.” I retorted, and he whimpered quickly exiting the room. Chicken. I walked further into the place, kicking open the first restroom door, then the second, and so on. Still nothing. Again, I did the same to the ladies’ and as I expected, it was nothing.

I did the only thing I could. I ran towards the exits to find out if the culprit was caught. As I approached the crowd of authorities, Natasha turned to look at me.

“Did you get him?” I asked, the words rushing out of my mouth. At the corner of my eye, I saw Darcy’s mother crying in the shoulder of an officer as he attempted to calm her down. I brought my focus back to Natasha as I listened in to her answer.

“No. But so far, there was no one who’d exited this building yet, so we know he’s still in there. Security is taking care of all the entrances and exits, making sure to take him if he tries to escape. Now the question is, where in there is he?” She said and I looked back. Costco was a big place, and it was going to be hard to find this guy if we slowly look at each and every place.