Chapter Thirteen

Hailey Thomas.

When lunch finally rolls around, I make a quick stop at my locker to put my Maths textbook in my locker. I had just came from that class, and I didn't want to wait until after lunch to hide the textbook in my locker. The algebra was too much for my tired brain.

I hear a girly, high pitched laugh, and I look to my right to see Iona hanging from Aiden's arm as they walk down the hall together. I roll my eyes, closing my locker over before I begin walking in the opposite direction.

"Hailey!" Iona calls, and I stop, letting out a deep sigh. I wait for them to catch up with me before I turn to face them, keeping my facial expression blank. "Where did you go on Friday? I heard you showed up, but Olivia and I didn't get a chance to talk to you," She says, her long, witchy fingers wrapped around Aiden's bicep. I mentally gag.

"I left early. I had better things to do," I mumble, turning to walk away again, but then I feel her witch fingers wrap around my wrist, turning me to face her again.

Iona's smile is sickeningly sweet and quite obviously fake. "Well, that really is a shame, Hails. You missed a fun night."

I scowl, glancing up at Aiden, who hasn't said a thing this entire time, and then I pull my wrist from her grip. "I'm sure I did," I sneer. I spin around on my heel and begin walking away, thankful when she doesn't stop me again.

As I walk toward the lunch hall, I can't get over the fact that Aiden just stood there and watched. Is he really that pissed at me? Whatever. I don't need him, anyway.

I storm into the lunch hall, looking around for Jack. I stop in my tracks, completely surprised to see Kate sitting with him, laughing.

"Uh, hey, guys," I say, sitting down across from Jack.

Kate smiles. "Hey, Hailey. I hope you don't mind me sitting here," she says.

I shake my head a little and say, "I don't mind. But what happened to Olivia? Don't you usually sit with her?"

"Usually, yes. But she's being a real bitch lately. More than usual. And I'm not going to put up with it," Kate says, shrugging.

"Fair enough," I nod.

The rest of lunch is pretty good. Kate, Jack and I actually have a lot in common. You know, such as, we all find Olivia insufferable.

I laugh at something Kate says, and then I stand up. "I'm going to head out and stop at my locker before my next class. I'll see you two later," I say. They wave goodbye and I exit the lunch hall.

As I'm walking to my locker, I hear footsteps behind me, and I look over my shoulder to see who's there, but I there's nobody there when I look back. With everything that's been going on lately, this makes me feel a little uneasy. I walk a little faster, only to practically start jogging toward my locker. 

Suddenly, a hand grabs my arm, and I let out a small, surprised squeal as I'm pulled into an empty classroom. 

"Let me go!" I snap, yanking my arm out of the person's grip, only to hear a familiar laugh. Aiden. 

"It's only me, Thomas," He says, clearly amused by my freaked out stance.

I scowl, turning to face him. Folding my arms across my chest, I ask, "What do you want, Moore?" 

Aiden's smile drops and he clears his throat, looking away. "I just wanted to apologise for last night. I was really fucking angry and I took it out on you." 

I scoff, rolling my eyes. "No shit, Sherlock," I say, coldly. 

"The point, Hailey, is that I'm sorry," he says, shaking his head. "And before you storm out of here, I want to apologise for not saying anything around Iona." 

When he mentions Iona, my interest in the conversation suddenly perks up. "What are you doing letting her hang from your arm, anyway?" I ask, raising my eyebrow. I try my hardest not to sound jealous, but the smirk on Aiden's face tells me that he's already detected my jealousy. 

"I'm using her to get close to Max. Maybe if I befriend him, he'll actually talk to me instead of waving me off like he did at Olivia's party," Aiden says. 

Well, now things make a lot more sense. He wasn't ditching me for Iona, he was trying to get close to Max. I wish I had thought of that. 

"Oh," I say, "Alright. Good plan. Have fun with that." 

I turn to walk out, and Aiden doesn't stop me, which I'm actually thankful for. I'm still a little upset with him, and I think I have a right to be. 

'This has been a long day. I really need to go home and take a bubble bath,' I think to myself as I proceed down the corridor to my locker.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

My apologies that this is such a short chapter, and that I haven't updated in a while. I just started back at school, and things have been stressful. Hopefully I'll be able to get back into updating this more than every few weeks. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter! Vote, comment, etc. 

Kisses, 

Mel.