Chapter Twenty

Hailey Thomas.

One year later.

"Yes, Mum, I'll still be home this weekend for dinner," I chuckle, rolling my eyes as I walk across campus. "Yes, Mum, I promise," I sigh, stopping by the pavement as I look around. "I love you, too. Bye," I say, hanging up just as a car pulls up in front of me.

I open the passenger side of the door, smiling at my boyfriend as I get in. "Perfect timing," I chuckle, leaning over to kiss his cheek.

Aiden places one hand on the steering wheel and the other on my knee as he chuckles. "I know how much you hate when I'm late, Thomas. I thought I'd make an effort and be on time for once," he smirks.

After everything that happened last year, Aiden and I both graduated from high school, and I now attend a good college. Aiden decided not to go to college, but he moved away from River Falls with me and we got a flat together. We go back every weekend, though, to have dinner with my parents. I'm pretty sure they like Aiden better than they like me, but that doesn't bother me, though. I'm just glad they see what a great guy he is.

As for Aiden's parents, they're currently working things out and attending couples councilling, but Aiden's Dad still lives separately from her. It took a while, but Aiden eventually stopped referring to him as 'prick' or 'douche' and now calls him Bryan.

Jack and Brad got engaged, but they're waiting until Jack is out of college to get married. Jack ended up staying in River Falls and just attending the local college, but I've never seen him happier. Me, Jack, Brad and Aiden make sure to hang out every weekend now. They've warmed up pretty nicely to Aiden, which I'm super thankful for. Oh, and Kate moved to England, but she visits as often as she can. She's become a great friend of mine, too.

Fortunately for the world, Olivia and her Dad are in jail. Last I heard, she flipped her shit when Iona and Max visited. Turns out, Iona was pregnant with Max's baby. Olivia wasn't too happy about that.

And as for me? I'm the happiest girl on this Earth. I have the most amazing boyfriend in the world, the best parents ever, and I couldn't ask for better friends than Jack, Brad and Kate. I visit Elle every time I'm in River Falls, too. And even though I didn't love her the way she apparently loved me, I make sure knows that she will always hold a special place in my heart; she was my best friend at one point, after all.

"What's going on in that pretty little head of yours?" Aiden asks, glancing over at me as he drives towards our apartment.

I smile, resting my head on his shoulder. "I'm just thinking about how much I love you, Moore," I say, looking up at him. And even though I see him every day, my heart still skips a beat every time I look at him.

"I love you, too, Thomas," he whispers, kissing my forehead gently.

I close my eyes, a smile on my face as I wonder how I got so lucky.

The End.