Betrayed By My Mate (*re-written plot)

Most werewolf romance stories have the same cliches. The mate is the new girl in town, the childhood friend, the sister or the daughter of a rival pack's Alpha, a rogue from birth or because of a cruel pack and so on. She wears her pain on her sleeve and face. But the point is that the mate would always be pure hearted. The nice girl, generally speaking.Stephanie's story is different. Just hearing the name would make one associate her with a certain character- the slut the alpha slept with, the gold-digger, the opportunist, the ex but never the mate. 

Never the one to end up happily ever after.

Unlike the heroine, no one asked Stephanie how her life was. No one asked how and why she ended up the way she eventually did. Everyone assumed that that was her lot in life and that she had no desire for more than just that lot. They all assumed that there was no person behind the stereotype. And no one would see her for who she is.

Finding out her mate was the Alpha, the usual hero of the story, didn't help. He slept with her and disregarded her because isn't that what they all did? Her mate, Caden Matthews, loved another girl who ended up mates with a neighboring Alpha.

What's girl to do when she's not the one for her mate? What's the villainess supposed to do when she becomes the heroine? Did she not deserve a happily ever after?

(after reading lots of novels, i find tht most authors tend to portray the villains in a one dimensional manner. it's sad but true. i find tht characters r like people. no one ever asks if there's a story behind the stereotypical "slut")