Pro-log

"Aquata wake up before mother gets mad"

I groan and begin to sit up. "Melody, the sun isn't even up yet, why the hell did you wake me?"

"Mother was rambling about how today is important and that you're needed."

"since when am I needed? she usually just tries to get rid of me.."

"How should I know? I just wouldn't recommend pissing her off today."

"oh right.. today marks 15 years that dad's been gone.. why did mother banish him again?"

"I don't really remember.. all I can remember was them fighting "

"that's all i can remember as well.. I'm gonna go get ready, I'll be down in the throne room by the time the sun is up"

"I'll meet you by the main door, see you then"

After hearing the door close I get up and swim over to my vanity. After quickly combing through my hair, I switch my seaweed top for a shell one. "what am I forgetting.." I mumble to myself. "Oh! the necklace dad gave me for my first birthday.. now where the hell did I leave it.." I swim over to my bay window and see the necklace. I put it on and begin to remember..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a bright, sunny afternoon. I swam into my room after being outside for the entirety of the morning with Melody. I was surprised to see my father sitting by my window, holding something in his hands. "father?" "come here sweetheart" he replies while patting the spot next to him. "I have something for you" Curiously, I swim over and take a seat next to him. In his hands was a necklace that I had never seen before. "a necklace?" I ask. "It isn't just a necklace Aquata. It will allow you transport to the human world. It can give you legs and the power to breathe out of water." "why would I need that..?" " I had a vision a few days before you were born. You are the only one that can bring the two worlds together at a time of great war. Your Grandmother had the same vision shortly before she passed and made this with the last of her power. She told me to give it to "the violet eyed daughter". The second you opened your eyes, I knew she meant you." He puts the necklace around my neck, kisses my forehead, and starts to leave. He abruptly stops before closing the door and speaks. "Always keep it with you. it will protect you for the rest of your life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I swim up to the throne room doors and stop next to my sister. "just in time" she says to me. "come on, its best to not keep mother waiting."

She pushes open the doors, and motions for me to swim in. Mother sees me almost instantly, which causes her to frown. "Aquata" she says flatly. "you're old enough to leave. pack you're things and go."

I look at her with my face full of shock. "but.. I'm the heir to the.." she cuts me off. "I don't care. you aren't my daughter, therefore the throne isn't yours. You have till the sun is at its highest to be gone." "You aren't even  a Royal!" i snap at her. "I married your father to get this throne and I'm not giving it up anytime soon. I banished him for that reason. Now leave before I kill you." 

I felt my power boil inside of me. Knowing I couldn't fight her without dad's help, and for the kingdoms sake, I began to leave. I stop once I was at the door and turn back to her. "I'll be back and you'll be sorry." I slam the door and head back to my room. 

________________________________________________________________________________

after lifting my bag over my shoulder that had everything i needed, i heard the door open.

"You're actually leaving..?"-Melody

"What choice do I have. She'll kill me if I don't."

"Where will you go..?"M

"I'm going to look for dad. i can't save the kingdom without him."

"Good luck with that, He's probably dead by now."M

"why didn't she kick you out..?"

"She kicked me out a few weeks ago.. when she found out i was seeing a boy from town.."M

"don't do anything stupid. I'll see you whenever I come back"

And with saying that, I left.