Chapter Two

The next morning I woke up and walked out to the kitchen. I figured I'd see my mom, but it seemed she was out. I decided to check my phone in case she had texted me and found that my thoughts were correct. I had received a text earlier in the morning stating that she would be out most of the day with her friends. She left me 70$ on the table to spend if I went out around town.
"What the hell am I supposed to do all day then?" I thought. I haven't checked anything out since I was last in Salem for Halloween and that was mostly tourist attractions and nothing really genuinely interesting. There was one shop in particular I remembered, though, from that trip. There was a shop that sold things that were kind of gimmicky, but also really interesting, that revolved around witchcraft. I never really thought much about witchcraft before I had visited Salem. After the visit, though, it kind of clicked something in me and made me a lot more interested than I'd previously been. Since then I've been really interested in Pagan and Wiccan heritage.

It was about 1 PM by the time I left the house and headed to where I remembered the shop being. I took my time, soaking up the cool air that was much different from the town I previously lived in where normally it'd be pretty hot at this time of the year. I always preferred cooler cities to hotter ones anyways, so at least that was one of the bright sides to living here. Soon, I arrived at the shop named "Crow Haven Corner". It was a beautiful store. I'd always been interested in different religions and, although most of the witchcraft shops in Salem were pretty fake, this was one of them I could feel was genuine as soon as I walked through the door.

I can't really complain much about the area we live in since I've fallen in love with it since years before. It was actually my choice of where we would live, which I'm grateful for. Otherwise, we'd be living in Florida. This store was definitely the highlight of Salem though. I bought a new crystal necklace, some spell candles along with some candleholders, incense and incense holders as well. Although I've studied pagan religion for a while I never actually got into doing any spells. I've only gotten as far as making a book of shadows. I figured I should start slow and build my spirituality first. Now that I'm in Salem it'll be easier for me to accomplish that.

Between walking to the shop and spending a good hour and a half in there, it was about 3:30 PM by the time I was done. I carried my bag in tow and I was about to head home before my stomach began to growl.
"I guess I forgot to eat something before I left the house." I mumbled before I debated whether to eat something at a diner in town or just to eat at home. I figured since I'm already in town I might as well eat something while I'm here. I walked around for a while looking for the nearest diner that looked like it had something decent to eat. I settled on eating at the Ugly Mug Diner since a friend of mine told me they had great food.

When I walked in I was surprised to see my teacher, Mr. Reynolds, working his ass off behind the counter. I was kind of tempted to just stand back and watch him work so hard, not realizing I was standing there. I walked up to the counter and sat at the stool rather than sitting at a booth. I rang the little service bell and watched him turn around to ask my order.
"What can I get for you to-" his sentence was cut short when he realized it was me and he smiled.
"Wow the new student must be following me around now," he teased. "What would you like to eat Miss Rosanna?"
"If I knew my math teacher worked here I would've visited a couple weeks ago. I'll have a dressed cheeseburger and a Dr. Pepper though, if you aren't too busy." I said, leaning my head on my hand while I smirked at his vulnerable and tired state.
"A couple weeks ago you wouldn't have known me, you were late to my class, remember?"

I laughed at him and shooed him away with my order. Soon he came back with my drink and pulled a chair up to the opposite end of the counter so he was sitting across from me.
"So, what brought you here today? Aren't teens supposed to be at the mall or something, not musty diners with middle aged men as their servers?" He said.
"Well, Mr. Reynolds, if you really want to know, I was visiting a store I'd been to when I visited on Halloween a few years back. It's called Crow Haven Corner, have you been there before?"
"I've heard of it and I've more than likely passed it a few times. It's a witchcraft store right? I wasn't aware you were interested in the craft."
"I have many secrets you don't know, Mr. Reynolds, after all we did just meet yesterday." "By the way, that diner uniform is definitely a difference compared to your fancy teacher clothes, you know. I barely recognized you without your 200$ trench coat."