Prologue

Michael was an extraordinary teen, he wasn't like anyone else he went to school with. He wasn't like any other male. The teen enjoyed dressing up in various different outfits found in his closet, especially in the large collection of animal onesies. His favorite was the penguin one that came with orange slippers that looked like the animals actual feet. He also enjoyed binge watching Disney movies, his favorite was peter pan, not for the boy who never grows up but for the tiny little fairy companion. Did I forget to mention he was obsessed with fairies? 

The male was obsessed, more than obsessed he was infatuated with them. He had fairy wallpaper, fairy lights, fairy ornaments and a large collection of books on fairies. As fairies were stereotypically liked more by females most of the things in his room were pink, but he didn't care. he was actually quite fond of the color.

Most of the time Michael did research on fairies on his laptop that his mum had bought him for Christmas, and yes it was rose gold, almost pink to match the rest of his belongings. He had a whole folder filled with articles to do with real life fairies. Did you know that the early recorded mention of fairies was in 1000 BC in The Iliad where the Greek poet Homer wrote "watery fairies dance in mazy rings" Isn't that amazing? fairies have been around for that long. Anyways.

Michael is a happy teen, at home anyway. At school, he's being bullied being different. Whether it be his crazy colored hair, the way he dresses or how he tries to involve the idea of fairies in any school assignment. The main bullies are Calum and Ashton. They are so mean to him, they shove him against lockers, tear up his amazing stories and drawings he does of fairies, but what they enjoy most is teasing him by telling him fairies aren't real, causing Michael to run home in tears all the time. However, as soon as he see's his mum he puts on the biggest smile and he forgets about how sad he is until the next morning where he is faced with them again.

As Michael spends so much time researching fairies he has grown to love each and every one of them, but with anything everybody has a favorite. Michaels favorite fairy is the tooth fairy. He is fascinated at how they just come and collect children's teeth and replace it with a coin. Why do they need teeth you're asking? Well Michael knows the answer. They need the teeth because they recycle them and give them to babies, which is why they 'teethe' and grow in the teeth. Why do they give a child money? Thats what Michael doesn't know, and he needs to know, even if it means he has to catch the tooth fairy himself and asked her.

Michael is so obsessed with the tooth fairy he has a whole book filled with drawings, stories and even clothing items for her to wear. Inside the book, he has designed the tooth fairy to exactly what he wants her to look like. Long blond hair, green eyes, dainty little hands and slightly tanned skin. He imagines her in a little white dress that ends at her knees and a pair of white slippers. She's so beautiful in Michaels mind. He made her little dresses for every day of the week and even seasons. He made her an orange one that looks like a pumpkin for Halloween, a red one with a white trim for Christmas, one that looks like a chick for Easter, and finally one that looks like an ice-cream for summer.

He leaves the book out every night, open. Hoping that maybe one day the tooth fairy will see it and take one of the beautiful dresses.

One of the stories in his book is the Tooth Fairy protecting Michael from Calum and Ashton at school. Using her want to make them wear stupid dresses and have a face full of makeup and high-high heels. He reads this whenever something really bad happens at school and it makes him smile and giggle as he lays there imagining it happening.

The stories are all of how Michael and the Tooth Fairy spending time together and having so much fun. He really wants this to happen one day, and he's super sad that the tooth fairy hasn't shown herself to him. He just wants a friend, a best friend.

Michael spent every evening alone, he just wants someone to talk too, someone who can understand him, someone other than his mum.

That's when Michael got the idea. On the cold winters evening as he stared out his window watching Ashton throwing a party with everyone from school opposite his house. That's when he decided he was going to catch the Tooth Fairy.