XLI

"Your dad is a maniac."

Adrian rolled his eyes, sinking into the chair of the teenage boy's lavish bedroom.

The brown haired white boy snorted, continuing to roll his weed. "So you're just going to sit there quietly, bro?"

He sighed at Daniel, just wanting the weed. He was one of his dads' friend's kid. He had two fathers as well as three other adopted siblings. Whenever Nigel convinced them all to go over to the family's huge house, Adrian found his way to the oldest brother to cyph while he avoided the bullshit going on downstairs with a room full of three sets of gay parents and little children running around.

"I just need a break." He ran a hand through his messy dreads. Weeks had passed and his fathers were frustrated him with how busy they had to stay. Only once had they just chilled at home. As a natural homebody, it was driving him crazy.

Daniel sealed the blunt. "Bro, I totally understand. At least you get to go back to New York and live your life there. I'm stuck in the house with these fucking dads and these stupid fucking kids. Are they fucking Brad and Angelina? Lily's from Tanzania, Christopher's from China, Philip is from Chile... What next? I'm already their white baby. The South Pole? Native American?"

Adrian chuckled, watching the teen sit next to him in the other beanbag. "If my dads tell me they want another kid, I don't know what I'd do."

"Kill yourself." The teen sparked up. "I'm on the verge of it. I have to do a line of coke every morning just to tolerate the early morning screaming of frustrated white males and their very annoying colored children."

The dreadhead actually found humor in the teen's very dark and offense joking. He knew he actually meant nothing of what he said. Daniel was just very cynical sixteen year old. "How's your psychiatrist visits?"

"He switched me off Xans to Prozac so I'm selling the remaining Xans to the bastards in my stupid private school and then I'm gonna tell him Prozac makes my head hurt after a couple months and have him switch me to some other shit so I can sell that."

"You're a terrible person." Adrian took a hit of the blunt as it was passed to him.

Daniel shrugged. "And I need to empty these terrible balls, so can call up a bitch and we tag team?"

"I have a boyfriend." He felt as though he had to announce this everyday he was with his fathers. It surprised him that Freddy didn't blab to everyone about his relationship.

"Boyfriend?" The average looking rich kid's jaw slacked. "Wow, I thought we were going to stand against those stereotypes that gay parents equal gay kids?"

"Nigga, I like whoever the fuck I like. I don't give a fuck."

Daniel took the blunt back. "Dude, I know we're just summer acquaintances but if I knew you liked ass, I would've racked up the numbers of some pretty gay boys. Can't leave you out."

Adrian shook his head. "I'm cool. My boyfriend is coming next week."

It's been a long six weeks of running around San Fransisco with his dads for dining, shopping, and networking at bougie parties. He was exhausted with the rich lifestyle and needed to feel completely downtown Brooklyn with his homies again.

"You're going to let him meet your fathers???"

"Yeah." The pothead heard the disbelief in his acquaintance's voice. "He's handling my mother well and she's very unlikable compared to them."

"Oh yeah, how's your mother?"

He sighed. "Sick so my boyfriend is busy helping her with errands on top of photography work."