Inside the House

A few days after I had gone to see my friend, I went to the house and knocked on the door, expecting my friend to have just been pulling my leg when she had said that no one had lived in the house for quite some time. When nobody came to the door I thought about it, thinking over my options, before slowly turning the handle of the door, just to test if it was locked like I had expected it to be.soon after discovering that it was indeed unlocked, I pushed open the Heavy, victorian style, oak doors and walked into the large, old house. When I got into the house I came to the realization that my friend was indeed telling the truth about the house, the house truly was void of any living thing.

Inside, it looked like it hadn't been touched for ages. From what I could see, there was a thick layer of dust that covered absolutely everything. There were cobwebs in every corner of the room. However, despite the dust and cobwebs it still seemed to be a very tidy atmosphere, as all of the pictures on the walls of the room that I was currently in, were straight and looked like they were the only things in the room that were not covered in a layer of dust. As I ventured deeper into the house I found the dining room. It was an extensive room with a table directly in the centre that almost stretched the full way across the lengthy room. The odd thing about this room, is that it looked like it had just been recently cleaned. All of the chairs were pushed in neatly, and the table was very neatly set as if someone had just recently placed down the tableware. Perhaps someone truly did live in this house.

As I was curiously looking throughout the room, I heard a very quick rustle of movement from behind me so I turned around quickly as I could, only for my eyes to meet up with the inky black hallway that I had recently stepped out of. Shortly after hearing the sound of movement, I walked into the hallway to investigate where the small sound had come from. I searched for about five minutes and after I had found nothing I was startled by the loud sound of a heavy door slamming shut. I turned around and watched the hallway of which I was investigating just a moment ago. As I watched the inky darkness of the hallway ahead of me, an oddly shaped, black mass shot across the way, and it seemed to go straight through the wall into the other room as it disappeared from my sight. After seeing whatever it was dart into the other room, I ran quickly back into the dining room, where the large skylight illuminated the entire room thanks to the bright pale moon that sat in the sky above the house. I must not have been paying much attention to the time, I remember coming into this house when it was still mid day. I decided that I was then going to make a break for the door. As I started running to the door, I felt something grab the back of the sleeve of my shirt. When I turned to see if my clothing had simply caught on something, I found a dark shadow with ocean blue eyes staring back at me. The last thing I remember seeing on that fateful night was the glint of an old shaving razor before my vision slowly faded to black.