Chapter 3

3 months later.....

"Here you go", he said as he threw a sack of coins on the table. I looked at the trader and then back at the hogs I killed.

"200? For two fully grown hogs? Hogs that are in perfect condition?", I snapped crushing the bag in my hand. He shrugged.

"Take it or leave it hunter. Thats all I'm paying you." I took a deep breath and let it out slowly. Im about to kill him. I knew I couldn't though because that would have been the 5th trader I killed. Cant risk scaring off any other traders, it was miracle this one even allowed me in. I shot a glare in his direction which caused him to swallow hard and then stomped out of the tent crushing the pathetic payment in my hand. The bright booths in the town center surrounded me as I stomped off, the people giving me strange looks. 200 coins. That couldn't even buy 5 good arrows much less decent food for a week. I sighed and looked at the coins again. This could buy me a drink or two though. I adjusted the bow on my back and went in the direction of my home away from home grinning.

~~~~~~~

By the time I got to the slums it was already getting dark. The houses around me were either rotten or broken, sometimes both. There was garbage everywhere as if people just threw anything on the floor. My nose picked up some unpleasant smells, a lot of it blood or vomit. I side stepped a pool of some unknown substance and saw the Iron Kettle appear with music blaring out the windows. I grinned and sauntered my way to it, thinking about how much fun this night is gonna be. A scream could be heard on my right followed by the gurgle of someone choking on blood but I didn't worry. Anyone who messed with me died and died painfully. I burst through the doors of the bar and was greeted with the smell of drunken people who haven't bathed and were shouting lyrics along with the music. The bartender saw me coming in and a crooked smile appeared on his face.

"Arrow!!! Child you're coming here so often that I'm about to loan you the storage room so you can call it home", Markan chuckled as he pushed a shot of whiskey in my direction. I grinned but the truth of his words hit me hard. This has been my home, for about three months actually. Ever since that day, my life has pretty much gone downhill from there. When the king found out that the body of the Duke of Raysand was found he had to make a story up about a bandit who hated and killed the Duke. Not completely untrue but still hard to sell to the kingdom, a kingdom who suspected him of killing enemies secretly already. He was beyond furious at me and kicked me out of the castle, cutting off all royal connections. He said that since I threatened to expose him that I was a nuisance to kingdom because without him the kingdom would crumble. In the end he got Raysand and got clean with the people while I'm here drinking and sleeping my brains out, hunting and trading in order to live while being haunted by gray eyes. To this day the daughter of the duke's gray eyes follow me, to the point where I cant sleep without thinking about her. I downed the shot of whiskey instantly feeling relief at the burning down my throat. Haven't heard about her since the day I killed her father and I'm not entirely sure that I want to. I sighed and sat down on a stool, observing the drunken people singing the songs while stumbling around like buffoons. My eyes traveled around the whole lot of them until they landed on a slim redhead sitting on a fellows lap. I smirked as the women in the short skirt grinned at me, making sure to puff out her boobs for me to see. I raised my eyebrow and looked at the red head up and down silently indicating for her to come here. She stood up, getting my hint and strolled up to me a small smile on her lips.

"Hi", she drawled as she sat on the stool next to mine, leaning in slightly. I indicated for Markan to set up another shot of whiskey and grinned at the red head.

"Hi", I said with a smile on my lips. The shot went across the counter towards her and she picked it up smoothly.She drank half of it while looking me in the eye.