XXVIII

At twelve o'clock sharp, there was a knock on the door of the Granger home. However, Hermione wasn't the one to answer the door.

"Oh hello, dear. You must be Draco. I'm Hermione's mother Monica. She's almost ready to go." Her Mother smiled.

"It's wonderful to meet you Mrs. Granger-"

"Please, just Monica."

"Monica. I can see now where Hermione gets her stunning looks," Draco smiled.

"Hermione! This ones a keeper!" Monica yelled. Hermione then came down the stairs.

"Sorry to keep you waiting! I slept in a little longer than normal," said Hermione with a worried expression.

"No worries," assured Draco. "We best be on our way then. It was lovely meeting you, Monica." Draco pulled her in for a hug.

☆☆☆

"Don't be nervous about meeting my mother. She's the nicest woman on the planet," assured Draco after seeing Hermione's facial expression.

They were meeting Draco's mother for lunch at a small restaurant, not far from the main city. As they walked through the door, the hostess greeted them with warm smiles. "Oh Draco! I almost didn't recognize you! Look how big you've gotten! I remember when you were up to my knees, running around. And who's this beautiful woman? Your girlfriend?" The hostess exclaimed.

"It's so great to see you again, Mary!" Draco returned the enthusiasm, pulling her in for a hug. "Mary, this is my friend Hermione. Hermione this is a good friend of my mothers, Mary."

"It's lovely to meet you, Mary," said Hermione, smiling. Mary pulled her in for a hug.

"I like this one, Draco. This one is good," said Mary. "I won't keep you two waiting. Your mother is at her usual table in the back."

"Thank you, Mary."

"Draco!" A voice called from the outside eating area.

"Hi, mom. This is Hermione Granger."

"So this is the girl Draco wouldn't shut up about. You know, you're the first girl he's brought to meet me." Smiled his mother. Hermione laughed as she looked at a blushing Draco. "I'm Narcissa."

"It's more than wonderful to meet you, Narcissa. I've been looking forward to it, from what Draco has told me about you," Hermione smiled.

"Come, let's eat," she said, handing out the menus.