L'accession Au Trône

Mikasa  POV

Year 1893, December 25th

**

The most beautiful women, who was sought after by many men, married to the King. Much like a fairytale, they lived happily in a castle.

"Darling, go on and open your presents!" my father boasted, his proud smile spread across his face.

My mother sat by him, her small lips pinned into a smile. Her eyes glistened from the fire's light, and my heart leapt as I ripped into the paper. I unwrapped a small comb, revealing it to be shaped into a orchid with tiny teeth. It had jewels lining the petals that were made of silver, with a delicate gold stem.

"It fits you so well!" my mothers voice chimed.

"It's beautiful mother!" I smile.

"Just like you!" my father laughed, holding his wife's tiny hand.

"Can I open my present now mother, please!" Eren begged, his hands clasped together in such innocence.

I looked over at him, happiness filling my heart.

"Go on son, you deserve it!" my father said.

Eren eagerly ripped into the very small package. A blue velvet box stared up at him, and he slowly opened it.

He held up a gold ring, with a sapphire blue diamond in the middle. Eren shined at the ring, and slipped it onto his finger. The ring slid off, and Eren frowned disheartened.

"Father the ring it's too big..." Eren sighed, picking the ring from the floor.

I turned back to my father, who laughed heartily.

"It's for when you're older, when you inherit the throne son!" he bellowed, standing up to stoke his beard.

"It won't be long before you take over, perhaps in a few years..." father said, lost in thought.

A large crash sounded from somewhere in the hall, and I quickly turned. Three hooded figures rushed towards us as we sat in the quiet library. My father turned, only to be grabbed by a man. My mother was also rushed, pinned to the ground. She let out a shrill scream, and my father grunted, trying to fight them off.

"Mom!" Eren screamed, stumbling to stand up.

I sat there frozen, tucking my comb into my coat pocket. A hand shoved my shoulder against the wall, another shot Eren toward me also.

"Let them go, please!" mother begged, her muscles constricting in frustration.

A hooded figure pulled off his hood, but I couldn't see his face through the tears.

"What's going on...?" I mumbled, my lip quivering.

"Lets have a little fun shall we?" a voice said, brushing their fingers through my hair and pulling my head up.

I let out a hiss of pain, and gripped my nails into the carpet.

"Open you're eyes girl!" A harsh voice snapped.

"Father..." Eren quivered, a hand reaching out.

I opened my eyes again, seeing my mother and father, halfway pinned to the ground. Sharp knives pressed against the thin skin of their throats.

"No...stop..." I whispered, trying to close my eyes.

But I couldn't...

A dark red drop of blood seeped from my mothers throat, but I couldn't avert my eyes.

"Don't go..." my mother said, covering her mouth.

It was too late...

It was done...

Both my parents lay there, motionless in a pool of blood...dead.

"LIght the house on fire, let's get out of here!" a man said, pulling away from my parents.

"What about the kids?" somebody asked.

A loud thud sounded, and out of the corner of my eye, Erens body crumbled to the floor.

"Burn them."

A sharp pain etched into my skull, and my body went numb. The floor rushed to meet my eyes

 "No..."

***

Smoke...

Heat...

Burning...

My eyes fluttered open, filtering in the blazing light.

Erens body laid on the floor in a heap of flesh, and my body ached. Fire blazed in the room, and my eyes widened in shock.

something's...burning...

I look to where my parents bodies lay, enveloped in fire.

"No!" I screamed, tears rushing down my face.

I couldn't think...

I grabbed Erens arm, and pulled his body onto my back, lifting the dead weight. But his pulse, was still strong.

I looked around feverishly, and saw a window. I rushed over, pulling back my hand and thrusting it into the glass. Blood and pain streamed off my hand, but I bit my lip to prevent any whimpers.

I looked down, only the second story.

I lowered Eren, as far as I could, and then watched him fall.

He landed on the ground, and I jumped out after him, twisting my ankle.

I cried out, but bit my tongue instead, tasting the sweet metallic taste of blood. The crackling of fire and embers wove into my ears, and I again grabbed Eren.

I rushed away from the castle, making my way to the road.

I turned back, watching my home burn.

On such a cold night, all I felt...was a blazing heat, both outside, and in my heart...