Chapter 16

Zira's eyes widened at the whispering death nuzzled into her hand. She looked back at Hiccup to see him nodding at her to pet him. She stroked his nose gently and Tempest purred with content.
"No bloody way this is real" she said in astonishment. Hiccup laughed and shook his head.
"See all you guys had was a misunderstanding of each other" Hiccup sounded amused and Zira rolled her eyes to herself.
"Okay now that I helped you, you need to help me" Hiccup put his hand on her shoulder and she turned around quickly. She studied his face, seeing the amusement from moments before were replaced with a hard edge in his eyes.
"If you're looking to get your dragon back I'm willing to help...but there's no way I can infiltrate Drago's forces" Zira replied smoothly, leaning against the Whispering Death. Hiccup looked startled and crossed his arms glaring at her.
"How did you know about my dragon?"
"Well I'm the one who saw you fall off and dragged your sorry arse down to the tunnels...the Skrill just grabbed your dragon after that and flew off" Zira softened her tone at the look of anguish Hiccups face held.
"They didn't just take my dragon, they took someone very special to me as well and I'm willing to do anything to get them both back." Hiccup sat on the floor and let out a tired sigh. Zira felt for him. He looked so vulnerable and she could see he didn't want to give up but the fight was exhausting him.
"Well...Tempest can dig sooooo they don't have to see us get in do they?" Zira pretended to pick at her fingernails as she drawled the words out. She could see Hiccup look up at her words and smiled faintly.
"Wait if we can get to them from behind and let Tempest dig a tunnel underneath to their place we could make it out...and we could have another escape route just in case they come after us, it's genius, well there will be some risks but if I can carefully strategize..." Hiccup started to ramble while his hands moved through the air as if he was bringing his words to life.
"Wait wait wait hold on there hot stuff, who said anything about we? I volunteered to help out not go in with you" Zira held her nose in the air and was surprised to hear Hiccup chuckle at her.
"You don't fool me, you're not as mean as you put yourself out there to be, you kinda actually remind me of someone I used to know her name was Astrid..." Hiccup trailed off as he said the name and rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly.
"Obviously what I'm asking of you is to much to ask...you're right, but right now you're the best shot I've got on getting them back. Trust me on this if you won't help, I will find another way, my dragon has never given up on me and today I won't start on giving up on him" Hiccup stood up and started to walk out of the cave room but stumbled and fell to the ground as a wave of nausea hit him. He looked down at the ground with anger and refused to look up. He felt a hand on his shoulder and found Zira holding her hand out to him. Hiccup took it and he was pulled to his feet.
"Fiiiine I guess I don't want you to die, but I swear if you get me killed I will totally come back and haunt you forever and you'll owe me big time"Zira said with boredom but he could see the excitement held in her eyes. Hiccup smiled and looked at Tempest then at Zira.
"Let's do this"