Surprise!

Picture^^^^  is of Lyric, our main character!

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

As a skateboard through the city of Florida, my milk chocolate locks flying behind me, the sun Shone bright in there seems to be no problems in the world.

My big doe like brown I surveyed the scene around me in serenity. Dandelions the color of yellow and white blossom everywhere.

As I got closer to my house, the big blue sky seemed to expand before being blocked by big palm trees loitering the sidewalks here and there.

A big blue house the color of a robin's egg, came into view. A big beach with a big ocean as it's backyard. It was currently being occupied by a lot of people in bathing suits of all colors and sizes. It seemed as if they were all celebrating something.

The blue house, my house, came up as I use my back leg to push me faster. The wind stung my eyes but I chose to ignore it, my excitement taking over me. As I drew closer, only then did I recognize the people as my family members from all over.

You see, today was a special day. I ran up my stairs after kicking up my skateboard into my hands. Today was...

My thoughts were interrupted as soon as I burst through my front door past my other family members whom I greeted merrily.

"Feliz Cumpleaños!" Everyone shouted, surprising me.

'My eighteenth birthday,' I continued in my head.

"Mama, Papa." I started surveying the crowd of my family that I have grown up with but have not seen for a few years. "You didn't have to do this."

My mother smiled at me fondly, her arms spread wide before embracing me in a warm hug. My papa came up to, and kissed me on my forehead. "Ah but we did, mi amor." My father stated, using the same nickname for me that he has called me since I was born.

"Hey! Be glad we did! I told them to just take you to the mall, but of course they didn't listen." My older sister, Harmony said, arms crossed, and hips cocked to the side in a sassy manner.

I rolled my eyes playfully at her before hugging her too.

"Happy birthday." Harmony told me, hugging me back.

"When did you come back to town?" I asked her. She had moved to Virginia and her early years, and hopes of fulfilling her dream of modeling.

And she could be a model too, with her slightly dark skin tone and her long curly gold hair. My sister was naturally beautiful.

Harmony took after our mother in most ways besides her body build in eyes. She got her eyes and her body build from our father.

She was 5'9 with curves in all the right places and big blue eyes. Me, on the other hand, I am 5'4 with barely any curves and boring hazel eyes.

I don't look like my mother or my father. Mama used to always tell me that I take after my Nona, her mother. I get my height from my mother, but my hair, and eyes, and facial shape comes from my grandmother.

"This morning actually." Harmony answered. "I've actually decided to move back in."

"Really? Why?" I asked, shocked. I didn't know how I felt about that.

"I'm going back to finish my senior year, then I'm heading off for college." Harmony dropped out of school her senior year so that she could go live with her now ex.

"Oh. Okay." School starts back up in a couple of days and when I go back I'll be a senior along with my sister.

We already went school shopping, my two friends and I. It was totally fun, and I can't wait until school starts back up again. Summer is actually pretty boring when you barely have a life outside of it.

"Come on everyone!" My mother called the attention of everyone. "It's time to sing Happy birthday!"

All of my younger baby cousins made sure to be the first in the kitchen, my sister and I giggling behind them.

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

It's pretty short guys and gals but it's cute and fun and I love writing it. Please leave feedback and vote your pants off!!! It'll pick up soon I swear!

In the meantime, just bare with it.