The Meeting.

January 23rd, 1988

I entered my apartment shutting the door behind me. Work today was a lot busier than I expected. I walked into the kitchen and reached for the fridge door handle. My eyes focused on the slip of paper I had received two days ago. I still hadn't called him. I opened the fridge and grabbed a beer as I grabbed the slip of paper from under the magnet that held it tight to the fridge. I sat on the couch, beer and paper in hand. I'm extremely nervous. I cleared my throat and picked up the phone. I dialed each number carefully. I sat there as the phone rang. I wanted him to answer but at the same time I didn't. The ringing was broken by a familiar voice.

"Hello," Kirk said not sure who he was speaking to.

"Hey it's me Ana," I said somewhat nervous.

"Oh hey Ana. How have you been," he asked cheerfully.

"I've been pretty tired but it's all good. How about yourself," I asked in return.

"We're getting ready to record for our new album which is kinda hectic but enough about me," he said with a yawn.

"What are you doing this afternoon," he continued.

"I was just going to stay home since I have no plans today," I said sipping my beer.

I was somewhat hoping he would invite me to something. I mean who wouldn't?

"If you want you can come meet the guys. We're going out for drinks and dinner," he asked.

"Sure, I'd love to," I said with apparent happiness in my voice.

"Great. Do you think I can pick you up around 5ish," he asked.

"That's perfect," I said.

I gave him my address and apartment number and we said our goodbyes. I smiled to myself as I put the phone down. I looked at the clock that was slowly ticking on the wall. It's already 4:13. I have to get out of this uniform and put some decent clothes on. I went to my room and practically assaulted my closet in hopes to find something decent to wear given the little amount of time I had.

I settled on a pair of ripped blue jeans and a tank top. I took a quick shower and somehow tried to tame my hair. I went back into my living room and slipped on my Vans. Slowly finishing my beer, I flipped on the tv to see what was on. I came across the news channel and was hit with headlines. I never really watched the news much given the fact that  usually the news wasn't worth hearing. I heard the doorbell ring and my heart instantly felt like it was about to fall out of my chest. I turned the tv off and stood up to answer the door to whomever was knocking.

"Hey are you ready," Kirk asked with a big smile on his face.

"Yes indeed I am," I said locking the door behind me.

We made our way to his car. I reached for the door handle but he soon came up behind me and opened the door for me.

"It would be rude if I didn't open the door for you my fair lady," he said laughing.

"Oh why thank you kind gentlemen," I said giggling.

And we were off. The car ride was mostly silent. I was paying attention to the roads as he was looking for something on the radio. I could feel his eyes drifting to me every so often.

"Do you have any restaurant preferences," he asked startling me.

"Oh no I'm fine with whatever you guys choose," I said with a shy smile.

"I'll make sure it's good," he said pulling into a driveway.

We both stepped out of the car. I have no idea who's house this is. I assume it's his. We walked up to the door and he entered with ease. I was greeted by the sound of a guitar being played and multiple voices speaking.