two

harlow

i was sitting on the porch with my brother, and he wanted to go mini golfing on the boardwalk. there was this place that was sat on the top of an arcade where you could play mini golf and get a beautiful view of the ocean.

"can we go? pretty please!" he begged as his green eyes widened, "but only us, no dad." he giggled.

"lets go! it sounds fun. i'm sure dad won't mind." i smiled.

josh's dirty blonde hair was bouncing as he excitedly ran to his room for his light up sketchers.

he was the cutest seven year old.

"dad!" i shouted, "we are going to the boardwalk."

my dad walked out onto the porch, "okay, and maybe try to find a summer job?" he suggested.

that wouldn't be a terrible idea. i do need the money, especially because college is coming up.

i nodded in agreement with my father and went to find josh.

"blue or green?" he asked me as he held up two shirts.

"why do you suddenly want to look nice, eh?" i joked with him.

"what if i meet the love of my life!" he said as he dramatically threw his little arms in the air.

i giggled at his response and pointed to the blue polo shirt, "it goes better with your white nike shoes."

he quickly threw his shirt on over his head, and we began to walk to the boardwalk.

---

when we got to the mini golf place, we had to walk up the short flight of stairs to reach the top. josh was practically jogging up the stairs, but i was simply walking.

we reached the top, and josh was pumping his fists, "we are here, harlow!"

i told him to be quiet and went to get our golf clubs and balls.

"hi can i have two golf clubs?" i asked as i dug into my wallet, looking for the $14 dollars i owed.

"of coarse, what sizes?" a deep voice asked.

i looked up to see the same boy who i spilled my coffee on from yesterday.

"uh, what are the sizes?" i asked as josh appeared next to me.

"hey little dude." the boy said as he smiled at josh, giving him a fist bump.

"hey!" he said happily as he returned the fist bump.

he had to stand on his tippy toes to reach the boy over the stand.

"by the way my name is grayson. i remeber you spilled coffee on my brand new white shirt. what a shame." he smiled as he placed his hand over his heart.

"it's not my fault you walked into me." i said as i crossed my arms over my chest.

he was writing something down on a piece of paper, "well, if you text me, i can tell you when you can buy me that shirt you promised, eh?" he jokingly said as he gave me the piece of paper.