Chapter 1

I was finally an adult! Meaning I got to do whatever I wanted! So meaning that, I moved out of my old childhood home. Dad was sad to see me go but he insisted on helping me move, if that meant he could spend more time with me.

            I decided on a nice Minka home in a rural area of Japan in the hillside. Dad said I had good taste when it came to choosing things. He recalled all the times I helped him choose the right thing to do, when I was child. We laughed about things as we took the long drive up to the hillside.

             Once we got there, we started to unpack boxes inside and put things away. Once in awhile he would stop to look at some old things I decided to take with me from my childhood and then smile and put it away in a nice place. My dad was always really supportive of me, sometimes he could be stern and mean, but mostly nice. He had a knack for organizing things though. That's for sure! He put my things in nice places where I could see them and be accessible to me. After he was done with the 10 boxes he had, (yes he works very fast) he walked over to me and leaned over my shoulder, "You need any help?" I looked back at him and said,"Yes I could use some help placing these dishes in the kitchen."

              After we were finally done, we sat down and took a little rest. Dad got some tea for the both of us and we enjoyed the nice serenity of the hillside. With the sound of cicadas and water from the stream below, it was perfect. Just. Perfect.

Hello peeps! I hope you've enjoyed the first chapter of this new book. You can always suggest ideas for chapters too by messaging me or leaving a comment. Thank you!